Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
This role requires an individual with good communication skills, both verbal and written, to manage a team of employees and contractors in the areas of Security Vulnerabilities, Software Lifecycle and Compliance.
The required skillset combines a technical understanding of network and unified communication devices and their purposes, security risks, and prioritization with compliance oversight of the department.
- The candidate will lead a team in support of the activities of the broader Network Services organization (Data, Perimeter, and Unified Communication towers).
Primary activities and responsibilities
- The candidate will lead a team to oversee the formalized, annual and planned software upgrade program lead by the internal Program Manager. Improve its efficiency by ensuring streamline realization. Help to prioritize the work based on multiple criteria, including Security Vulnerabilities.
- The candidate will oversee the compliance of Network Services to Our Company's SOP's, work instructions, and Job Aids and provide leadership and guidance. Participate in document reviews throughout the year as needed.
- Ensure new services and technologies are introduced to the environment with adherence to the company procedures around System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Infrastructure Management Life Cycle (IML). The procedures are adopted within Network Services as Service Introduction process, which includes as well all technical and operations requirements.
- Access Control: The candidate will provide oversight to establishing access to our network devices and manage the department's training requirements and systems to ensure compliance.
- The candidate will be the focal point of contact for any audits coming to the Network Services, providing a professional answer to any questions related to the deployments of the network and unified communication devices.
- The candidate as well will support the internal audit program and overall site compliance (Health Check). Leading towards automation.
- Make broad recommendations on improving compliance-related processes and/or procedures
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years working in compliance-related activities.
Required Experience and Skills :
- 5-8 years in providing technical operation support and service delivery in Data Network areas
- 2 years' experience as a Tier3 engineer in an Enterprise level NOC
- Wide experience with Cisco and F5 technologies
- Cloud Networking (AWS & Azure)
- Unified Communication, Firewall, Cisco ACI, Velocloud SD-WAN
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes or similar best practices (Eg; Change, Incident, Problem management)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience authoring compliance documentation.
- Ability to lead compliance, audit, or regulatory investigations across the global team.
- Comfortable working with team members of varying technical and business skills.
- Experience using document management systems.
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritize their work independently.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 2 or more years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- The Cisco CCNP certification or similarly proven expertise is highly recommended
- Industry recognized certifications such as CCIE and PMP are a very welcome plus
- Active participation in departmental audits, and the responses to findings from the audit.
- Have a solid understanding of the working relationships between various compliance teams within the company and capitalize upon this knowledge to build solid integration between groups.
- Working experience in the use of Midas to manage compliance documentation.
- Experience in the use of Remedy to manage assets and change control.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: