IT Support Specialist at Chewy
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist to join the team at our Ocala, FL Fulfillment Center. The IT Support Specialist must be highly autonomous, possessing project and time management skills and have both the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They must possess strong customer service skills, basic knowledge of both computers (hardware and software) and RF unit technologies and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy is required. A successful track record of supporting simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting basic network problems is also essential. The nature of this position is technical and hands-on.
What you will do:
- Key responsibilities include delivering “World Class” support to the Fulfillment Center in a professional and friendly manner, troubleshooting application, hardware, and network issues, engaging with and educating your customers; documentation, analysis, and resolution of help desk tickets; and working with local and remote IT Groups, employees and operations management to quickly provide high quality solutions to IT problems.
- This will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including desktops, laptops, RF unit technology, network connectivity, Windows software, and much more.
- Day to Day activities include network, computer, and printer troubleshooting, project management, data cabling, and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments. In addition, you will work closely with your colleagues to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions to support our rapid growth.
What you will need:
- Experience supporting PCs in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, and TCP/IP protocols
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Participate in a 24/7 support and on call rotation
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user, high pressured environment
- Experience in areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Mobile Device Management, RF Technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Possess the desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to stand/walk for 6 - 8 hours per day
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to work night shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prior experience providing IT support in a Fulfillment Center environment
- A+ Certification, Network+ Certification
- Experience working in an SLA driven environment
- Knowledge of Motorola/Zebra RF Units: Moto MC9190, VC6090, WT41N0
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Experience managing vendor contracts, relationships, and service outages
- Working knowledge of SOTI MobiControl device management
- Position may require travel
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].