IT Specialist at Jacobs (Houston, TX)
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Specialist to join our team with JETS teammate company, Aerodyne Industries.
The IT Specialist will:
- Serve as a point of contact (POC) for users requiring assistance with IT resources.
- Process IT-related procurements and associated paperwork to include requirements, justification, compliance, and security.
- Provide support for inventories of IT resources.
- Provide support for employee processing activities (e.g., new hires, moves, terminations).
- Provide support for ad-hoc IT special projects.
- Deploy desktop application software and patches, and troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents for desktop systems and applications.
- Respond to requests for information (i.e., data calls) originating from various sources, including the Exploration Integration and Science Directorate (EISD) and Information Resource Directorate (IRD).
- Provide support for local and shared services (account management, storage arrays, disaster recovery, etc.).
- Work with Windows / Mac / Linux systems and networking.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Basic knowledge of networking and network security.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university OR zero (0) to three (3) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science OR zero (0) to seven (7) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline OR zero (0) to three (3) years or progressive experience.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience; process oriented, and well organized; help desk experience with desktop support skills.
Why Join Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.