IT / Network Security Staff at The Aerospace Corporation (Remote)
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
Responsible for assisting in the documentation, implementation, operation, and transition of security technologies with a focus on cybersecurity tool administration, incident response, forensics and education and awareness. Will be a member of the Information Security team that is responsible for incident response, security assessments, risk mitigation programs, vulnerability scanning, identity and access management and integrating systems across the enterprise.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide Tier 3 support for tasks, incidents, troubleshooting, and queries sent to the Information Security Team.
- Discern patterns of incidents and reports, determine proactive solutions and communicate areas of enhancement to management
- Assist with the development, maintenance, or overseeing of the implementation and/or documentation of security technologies with a focus on security operations, incident response, forensics, vulnerability management and insider threat
- Mature current processes and document improvements based on industry best practices
- Complete data analysis to include forensics investigations and incident reviews
- Work closely with other departments within IT on corporate technology development to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies and policies
- Communicate effectively with senior management, peers, staff, and customers both inside and outside the corporation.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field of study, or equivalent experience
- 4 or more years of relevant experience
- Understanding of enterprise information security and technologies and how these technologies relate to prevention, detection, and response of threats
- Data gathering, analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Willing to travel [domestically/internationally] approx. [insert % amount]
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Master's degree in computer science, Information Systems or equivalent field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience maturing security operations center processes and work-flows
- Experience implementing large-scale solutions across unique enterprise infrastructures
- Experience maturing pre-existing environments and transitioning them over to appropriate teams
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management
- Experience with developing and implementing system security policies and requirements
- Experience in Incident Response and Threat Hunting and gathering threat intelligence
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$80,000 - $95,000 - $110,000
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.