IT Manager at Cameo (Remote)
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences on earth. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized video messages and live calls, merchandise from their favorite stars and creators, and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans - as well as their fellow colleagues - each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. For more information, please visit careers.cameo.com.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet - Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable - When was the last time you said, "wow, that sh!t was cool!"
- Run Through Walls - How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity - Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
👋 Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
🏆 Humble brag - we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
🌎 As the world continues to shift and shape, so do we. Our Where We Work program offers a combination of hub office locations, work from home, and fully remote roles to ensure we’re building a diverse and inclusive team.
Cameo’s Where We Work expectations differ by team. Our sales function is expected to meet in a hub office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Other teams like marketing, engineering, and product can work from anywhere on a regular basis. Hub office locations are open to all employees, no matter where in the world they live.
🎁 The goods - competitive salaries, equity, health insurance, 401(k), wellness perks, unlimited PTO, Heads Down Hump Days 🐪 (aka no recurring meetings), and an annual talent show that will have you LOL-ing - just to name a few. Oh, and did we mention Cameo works with noteworthy actors, athletes, musicians, your favorite creators, global superstars, famous furry friends and more!?
Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role:
Cameo is looking for an up and coming leader in the IT field who has both strategic and hands-on IT skills and is poised to help the company scale, but also able to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to launch our company and employees to success. As such the role will initially require both strategic and hands-on work with the staff and leadership. As the company grows, the role will evolve to the management of several IT staff overall multiple locations. The IT Manager works directly with the Head of IT and Security. Strategic and technical hands-on duties include, but are not limited to:Strategic Duties
- Responsible for architecting new IT features and functions
- Assist in establishing new procedures, policies, and documentation for all devices and software used
- Ensure proper security protocols are implemented across all employee-facing interfaces
- Responsible for oversight of implementation, execution and efficient operation of the company's network, telecommunications, cloud-hosted software product operations, corporate servers, backups, and recovery solutions including emergency planning, intrusion and security planning. Manages individual tasking of future IT technicians, assumes this role in the short to mid-term as the company scales
- SAML and SSO knowledge - Google and Okta
- BetterCloud Administration
- Develop and maintain virtual networks in ways that optimize performance
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise managing Apple devices using Jamf Pro
- Experience providing oversight and operational management for critical IT tools such as Okta, Google Workspaces, BetterCloud, Jamf, Slack, JIRA and Zoom
- Proficient with a scripting language such as Python, Bash or Zsh
- Desire to mentor and develop IT team members
- Proven ability to maintain, review, and improve IT operational processes
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current, relevant and effective
- Effectively negotiate and maintain vendor relationships and contracts
- Ability to train and support employees, and communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.