Who Is Nisos?
Nisos is the Managed Intelligence company. Our services enable some of the world’s largest companies’ security, intelligence, and trust & safety teams to more smartly defend against and more effectively respond to advanced cyber attacks, disinformation, and abuse of digital platforms.
We are a mission-driven company committed to combating digital adversaries; this is the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, we empower an open and diverse workplace, and we strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find creative solutions for our clients.
What Is The Opportunity?
Nisos is looking for an Information Systems Manager to lead a team of IT professionals supporting our global organization. We are looking for a talented IT professional who can help us scale our business and nurture a growing IT team.
You will enjoy very strong support from management in your efforts to provide secure, seamless information systems. By the end of 2022, you will be responsible for systems supporting nearly 100 employees working largely remotely across the United States and Northern Ireland. We maintain almost zero physical infrastructure and prefer to use hosted SaaS wherever possible. We exclusively use Mac laptops, which we administer with Jamf and DataJar. While we do use some Microsoft Office 365, our primary tools are Google Workplace, Slack, and Atlassian. We manage users with Okta SSO, and we employ an MDR firm for endpoint security management.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, self-directed technical expert that can work both independently and as well as direct the broader team. The right candidate is comfortable building enterprise IT solutions one minute and resolving a help desk ticket the next. Our Information Systems team is small, and we work as a cohesive team to ensure the rest of Nisos never has to think about its information systems. We are looking for a leader who is good at influencing their team to produce high performance outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Leading a small team of IT professionals to support our business operations across multiple time zones and countries
- Meeting employee information technology needs, from onboarding, to help desk support, through to offboarding
- Designing and implementing an efficient, customer-focused support experience
- Measuring effectiveness to drive process improvements
- Administering Nisos's single sign-on (SSO) and SaaS platforms
- Troubleshooting technology issues related to hardware, software, user accounts, operating systems and mobility
- Researching and resolving technical problems, from simple to complex
- Developing end-user technical and security training
- Ensuring Nisos information security policy and execution, with input from Nisos executive leadership
- Guiding Nisos through a SOC 2 Type 1 audit with outside consultation
- Developing and maintaining Information Security policy and procedure
- Escalating, coordinating and managing security incident response
- Responding to client questionnaires about our information security posture
- Conducting annual and periodic information security training
- Collaborating with management and other stakeholders to balance delivery against constraints
- Creating and meeting an annual budget
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences, both technical and non-technical, staff and managerial, and in a wide range of settings (one-on-one, small group, in person, on the phone, or via email)
Who You Are
What You Bring
- Degree in Management of Information Systems, Computer Science or similar, or a combination of training and equivalent work experience
- 8+ years professional experience in information systems
- 2+ years management experience
Where You’ll Work
- If the employee is local to the area, the employee may work from our Alexandria, Virginia office. Otherwise, the employee will be full time remote.
- The employee will work closely with teammates in multiple time zones. The employee may have occasional early or late meetings, but generally will work normal, East Coast business hours.
Where You’ll Go
If hired, Nisos will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Nisos’ Equal Opportunity Employment Commitment
Nisos is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Nisos evaluates qualified candidates without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Nisos provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.