Director of Application Security (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV) at Nike, Inc. (Portland, OR)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Who are we looking for
We're looking for a Director of Application Security. This role will be a leader in the NIKE Corporate Information Security team and support NIKE's Corporate Information Security Organization. This team is responsible for defining security requirements and ensuring the delivery of secure applications and solutions. The successful candidate will have experience leading direct reports, delivering on multi-functional projects and able to navigate a highly matrixed organization.
What will you work on
If this, is you, you'll be performing these key tasks:
- Lead a team of technical experts who partner with Nike Global Technology and Nike business teams in releasing secure and compliant infrastructure, applications, and experiences at the speed of business.
- Lead a team of impactful individuals who create security remediation plans, perform security reviews, and recommend security solutions to meet current and future needs for Nike.
- Be an authority in building, implementing and leading enterprise cyber security risk remediation initiatives in a complex organizational environment.
- Drive the development and implementation of standard security review processes that result in effective methods for reducing security risks and eliminating vulnerabilities before production releases.
- Demonstrated experience handling the demand/supply of project and program resources and tracking allocation.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence all project and portfolio collaborators; communicate relevant security information to both executive leaders and individual contributors in an effective manner.
- Bring a deep background and broad experience in Information and Cyber Security, Application Security, & Application Development or related business areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate with Executives, Directors, Managers and Team Members in the pursuit of measurable outcomes and results.
- Provide input into the Information Security strategy to ensure that future security investments are aligned appropriately when considering key priorities such as business requirements, industry threat landscape, and risk appetite of Nike, Inc.
Who will you work with
You will work with the Senior Director of NIKE Corporate Information Security Application Security and will lead an Application Security Team. You will collaborate with leadership in CIS, Global Technology and Nike business teams.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security / Management, Business, Project Management, Information Technology, or related field. MBA and/or CISM, CISSP preferred or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 8-12 years' experience leading and developing teams focused in the areas of Security Architecture, Secure Development Lifecycle Management, Application Security (WWW and Mobile), Cloud Security, Risk and Compliance; should include comprehensive experience as a business/process leader or as a leader in an IT role.
- Demonstrated experience leading direct reports, as well as teams within large multi-functional projects.
- Consistent record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve bold goals.
- Extraordinary communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and handle and resolve conflict.
- Shown presentation and facilitation skills.
- Budget management experience of a multi-million-dollar portfolio.
- Demonstrated expertise of building a consensus across business partners and technology leaders and influencing successful outcomes.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate.
- Experience working successfully in a high matrix organization.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $163,000 per year. Information about benefits can be found here .
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.