Digital Tech Support Analyst at Caterpillar (Remote)
Responsibilities of the incumbents is to provide Worldwide monitoring of overall performance (including reliability, durability, maintainability, and serviceability) of assigned current and future digital products.
Identify, investigate, and obtain resolution commitments for all significant field issues to maintain and improve assigned digital product performance.
- Issue identification: reports in all forms from customers, dealers, industry reps and subsidiaries
- Issue investigation: statistical analyses, physical testing, and analysis of application failures, returned parts, development of quick field fixes, suggested design or manufacturing improvements, etc.
- Resolution of commitments; formally document issues and provide follow-up on the resolution process with industry and development teams.
- Stay current with all digital products and applications, also develop and maintain a digital products and application knowledge base and training materials.
- Provide digital product and application support to Distribution Services Divisions (DSDs), dealers, Corporate Account Managers, subsidiary service groups, warranty technicians, sales development, product support development, test & evaluation, research, service training, etc.
- Manage & support infrastructure for Test, QA & Production environments.
- Provide Level 3 application support. Must be able to support 24 x 7.
- Deliver production environment availability of 99.7% availability and 98% QA Availability.
- Maintain SLA, System Availability, Capacity management, and Performance KPI's.
- Daily system monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any reported problems.
- Responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Work closely with application development and support teams to tune and troubleshoot applications.
- Lead and implement commercial software upgrades and updates.
- Ensure application and data security.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Requires a college or university degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience.
At least 3 years of experience in infrastructure system administration or support work
Top candidates will also have:
- Expertise in administration tasks for Windows/Linux operating systems
- Expertise with relational databases support, querying and database reporting
- Working experience with programming languages: Powershell, SQL, JSON, DOS and KQL
- Working knowledge on deploying autoscaling features
- Expertise with high availability architecture
- Knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar's organization.
- Experience and expertise in the following software and components:
- PTC software: Windchill, Publishing Engines, Arbortext Editor, and Creo Illustrate
- Oracle 12g/19c
- Solr Server
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop Server
- Windows Server 2016
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 7
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .