Chief Technology Officer at VolunteerMatch (Remote)
Role Description: Chief Technology Officer
Reporting Relationship: CEO
Direct Reports: 12 employees
Location: Remote within the United States
Compensation: Base salary range of $180,000 to $225,000 per annum, depending on prior experience of the candidate, plus bonus and competitive benefits
With 1.3M monthly visitors per month, VolunteerMatch’s mission is to make it easy for good people and good causes to connect. Since 1998, more than 17M volunteers have connected with leading nonprofits through our platform. Today, our social innovations are powering volunteer engagement for a nation of nonprofits, businesses, campuses, and government agencies. We are in a vibrant period of growth and change: embracing being a fully cloud-based organization with no ties to a physical space; experiencing record amounts of philanthropic investment; the energy and inspiration of a new CEO; and establishing a new leadership team.
VolunteerMatch is looking for an experienced technology and product leader in its new Chief Technology Officer. They will own the evolution and execution of our products from whiteboard to source code to ongoing operations including design, product management, development, usability and QA. As a member of the executive leadership team, the CTO will inspire and lead with vision, curiosity, and a growth mindset.
- Drive a technology culture that seeks feedback, continuous improvement and innovation for social good.
- Directly manage the senior team members of the product and engineering teams.
- Align VolunteerMatch’’s technology with emerging trends and technologies Including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Work across a diverse product set from APIs to mobile apps to the web.
- Align the product and engineering team with execution of the organization’s strategic priorities in sales, marketing and customer success.
- Communicate with employees, stakeholders, customers and investors.
- Ensure that VolunteerMatch is in compliance with security and privacy requirements (e.g., GDPR, SOC2).
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least fifteen years of prior experience as a senior engineering leader overseeing architecture and engineering for enterprise-wide technology platforms and leading SaaS technology platforms.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- MBA or MA/MS in a related field of computer science will be an asset.
- Proven ability to successfully lead in an agile, Scrum-based SDLC.
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and supporting successful revenue-generating API services.
- Deeply committed to using your powers for social good, developing social innovations that address deep societal needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience with human-centered design and design thinking.
- Commitment to lean start-up methodologies, and pragmatic commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrated people management skills and the ability to positively motivate a team with both a sense of urgency and joy.
- Proven ability to build and manage diverse, inclusive, and high-performing teams.
VolunteerMatch’s talented team work remotely and extends from Silicon Valley to New York City. We are passionate, collaborative, and mission-driven.
National nonprofit partners include Red Cross, California State Library, Easter Seals, Girl Scouts of the USA, National CASA, National MS Society. Their corporate partners include ADT, AT&T, Bank of the West, Choice Hotels International, Discovery Communications, Groupon, Humana, JetBlue, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal, Morgan Stanley, Nationwide, NBC Universal, Office Depot, Robert Half, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Starbucks, and Time Warner.