Checkpoint Engineer at Bold Business (Tampa Bay, FL)
| Tampa Bay, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, April 9, 2023
We are looking for an experienced Checkpoint Engineer with CCTA and/or CCTE certification to develop Application Design and IT Infrastructure Components which include systems, middleware, database, storage and network infrastructure to meet the technical requirements. You should be able to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications.
This project will be for a duration of 6 months.
- Maintain LAN, WAN and server architecture.
- Install network security devices.
- Evaluate firewall policy and administration and the logging of this analysis.
- Test systems for vulnerabilities in hardware and software.
- Maintain VPNs, firewalls, email security, and web protocols.
- Create and maintain virus detection systems.
- Maintain web proxies and enterprise email.
- Create access controls to the datacenter settings.
- Produce design documentation for ad hoc access requests
- Perform packet captures using tcmdump and FW Monitor command tools.
- Use Check Point resources for support.
- Troubleshooting system issues using various Linux Commands.
- Identify and resolve communication issues that may occur between SmartConsole and the SMS.
- Troubleshoot SmartConsole login and authentication issues.
- Troubleshoot issues that may occur during policy installation.
- Resolve communication issues that may occur when collecting logs.
- Restore interrupted communications during heavy logging.
- Troubleshoot issues that may occur with Application Control and URL Filtering.
- Troubleshoot Content Awareness issues and VPN-related issues.
- Troubleshoot communication issues between Identity Sources and Security Gateways.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with internal Identity Awareness processes.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, IT, Network Technologies or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant TCP/IP networking and Internet Security technology experience.
- Must have CCTA and/or CCTE certification.
- Experience with Check Point or similar security products.
- Strong Linux/Unix and Windows Server system-level knowledge.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPN technologies.
- TCP/IP and TCP/UDP protocols at the packet level.
- Network experience with Windows, UNIX and/or LINUX based Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP , VRRP/HSRP, VoIP (H.323, SIP, Google Cloud Platform).
- Working knowledge of routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP.
- Core dump/kernel panic analysis.
- Basic programming skills, with the ability to develop simple UNIX shell scripts (Bash or C Shell).
- Must have experience in the basic process of kernel debugging, and how debug commands are structured.
- Must have understanding about how NAT works and how to troubleshoot issues.
- Knowledge about Client Side and Server Side NAT.
- Experience in resolving issues that occur during the HTTPS Inspection process.
- Experience in troubleshooting State Synchronization.
Bold Business is a remote-first, global outsourced-solutions company with over $7B in service solutions over the past 25 years. Our international team helps the world’s leading companies transform their ideas into bold impacts. From Fortune 500 organizations looking to reduce operational costs by 40%-60% to fast-growth startups looking to scale, we work behind the scenes and empower companies to do more for less.
If you like to move fast and have a bias for action, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, results-based environment. We’re a 100% remote/virtual team environment where you can work from wherever you are.
More Information on Bold Business
Bold Business operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in St Petersburg, FL and New York, NY. Bold Business was founded in 2016. It has 72 total employees. To see all jobs at Bold Business, click here.
Read Full Job Description