Application Security Architect, 100% Remote at Cognizant (Atlanta, GA)
Cognizant Corporate Security, a key organization within Cognizant Technology Solutions, is chartered with managing and directing the global enterprise physical and logical security programs. The Corporate Security organization is responsible for the oversight and coordination of security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and various other groups, and is responsible for identifying security initiatives and standards. Corporate Security drives security compliance and serves as the key organization responsible with helping the business appropriately manage security risks.
Cognizant is searching for an experienced Application Security Architect who can lead application security initiatives for product teams in the Cognizant Healthcare division. This will include day-to-day collaboration with product teams, ensuring that they meet Cognizant Security requirements and architectural standards in addition to regulatory and contractual obligations. This will also include reviewing application designs to ensure security is part of each product from the start. You would ensure solutions are appropriately assessed prior to release, and work with product teams to prioritize remediation of findings from security activities.
This is not an assessment/testing role; although testing experience will be beneficial, the role is for design-level review and guidance.
To excel in this role, you will need the following:
- 7+ years of application security and secure coding experience.
- 2+ years of senior or team lead application security experience.
- Expertise in implementing a secure SDLC within an Agile framework for new and existing applications.
- Expertise in designing and implementing application security controls across complex and diverse environments.
- Experience reviewing testing/scanning results and communicating the technical implications to development teams.
- Ability to assess real-world risk and communicate that in technical and business/management contexts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the development of reports and best practices documents.
- A history of identifying gaps in security programs and developing solutions to bridge those gaps.
- The ability to think strategically and align tactical measures with strategic goals.
- An attitude of always learning, sharing your knowledge with the team, and collaborating across multiple security teams.
- Strong attention to detail and self-organization skills.
- Experience working remotely and with geographically separated teams.
Additional Preference For Candidates Who
- Have done application development in large-scale environments.
- Have conducted threat models.
- Have integrated application security practices into CI/CD pipelines and DevOps environments.
- Have experience with Java and .NET.
- Have secured applications in Cloud environments (especially Azure).
- Understand network and infrastructure security.
- Have conducted application testing (SAST, DAST, and manual assessments).
- Obtained relevant GIAC or Offensive Security certifications.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
About Cognizant Technology Solutions
Cognizant is a leading provider of Information Technology, Consulting, IT Infrastructure, and Business Process Outsourcing services. Cognizant's single-minded mission is to dedicate our business process and technology innovation know-how, deep industry expertise, and worldwide resources to working together with customers to make their businesses stronger. As a customer-centric, relationship-driven partner, we are redefining the way companies experience and benefit from global services. Our unique delivery model is infused with a distinct culture of high customer satisfaction. Cognizant delivers a trusted partnership, cost reductions and business results.
Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500. Cognizant is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at http://www.cognizant.com/ or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.