Cryptocurrency Engineer - Austin, TX
Unit 410 is an experienced team of security, infrastructure, and cryptocurrency engineers. We empower the largest stakeholders to use their crypto in secure and novel ways. To do so, we build institutional-grade systems and solutions for secure network participation. We’ve long believed in the potential of cryptocurrency and are excited to continue pushing forward the state of the art through industry-leading key generation, encryption, and network participation. As we engineer systems and solutions, we often find pieces that we think should exist. So we build them, and whenever possible share those back with the community.
- Understand our Networks: Explore and understand current and novel networks down to the lowest level, including their payloads, calls, and how the network comes to consensus.
- Key Management: Design and integrate key generation and signing capabilities with systems to support newly launched crypto protocols.
- Aggressively Automate: Novel networks have unique challenges. Design fault tolerant systems first and then aggressively automate tooling as use cases become more well defined.
- Harden the Entire Stack: Work with internal and external security experts to harden software, hardware, protocols and everything in-between.
- Identity New Opportunities: Cryptocurrency continues to accelerate. As new use cases become defined, roll forward into emergent protocols and opportunities.
- Experience working with production environments at any scale.
- Curiosity to explore new cryptocurrency networks at low levels.
- Thinks automation-first and excited to replace manual toil with automated systems.
- Located in Austin, Texas.
Why Unit 410
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of cryptocurrency’s most experienced engineers and entrepreneurs.
- A fast moving, collaborative and engineering led environment.
- Access to scale and resources.
- We use the best tools for the job which often include Golang or Rust.
- Layer 2s, Tendermint, Substrate, Cross Chain Bridges, and other new protocols.
- System security & hardening.
The base salary range for this position is $100k to $200k. This position is eligible for incentive compensation in the form of a bonus.
Unit 410 is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Unit 410 does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.