Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools. Mailchimp Design comprises brand studio, design ops, CX design, and UX design, where content strategy sits.
We’re looking for a UX Content Strategist to join our growing Partnerships team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who enjoys working cross-functionally to create cohesive experiences. You’ll be a bridge builder and connector, collaborating across multiple teams.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with marketing, research, design, and product teams to understand requirements, identify users’ content needs, and align on business goals.
- Create content strategy deliverables including (but not limited to) content models, journey maps, content audits, and copy docs.
- Advocate for content discovery and planning, ensuring the right content activities are prioritized and executed on cross-functional teams.
- Align with other content practitioners to create connected content experiences, including messaging strategy and voice and tone, across the customer journey.
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, sitemaps and taxonomies, traffic analyses, etc.
- Test and refine content based on analytics, user feedback, and other performance data; present findings to leadership.
- Present work and effectively communicate methodologies to a broad audience, including peers, cross-functional teams, and executive leadership.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 3+ years experience as a content strategist, content designer, copywriter, designer, UXA/IA, or related position
- You have the ability to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, and human
- You have an understanding of user experience and content optimization principles, including basic SEO principles
- You have experience working with content management systems
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have familiarity with principles of information architecture and wayfinding
- You have knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platform
- You have experience in a product-focused environment
- Experience with partnership programs is a plus
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $93,000 to $110,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.