If you are looking for a rewarding career with a highly successful company that puts people first, Halvik Corp is the place for you! We are committed to delivering smarter IT-driven solutions bolstered by quality and innovation to help the US Federal Government succeed. Join our growing team and make a difference!
Halvik Corp is seeking a Jr. Technical Writer for a requirements, discovery, and design project. The Tech Writer will be responsible for heavy participation in requirement facilitation.
The Technical Writer provides technical writing and editing support to the Business Analyst and Technical Lead who need assistance generating or modifying processes, procedures, technical reports and any other written output required in accordance with established or approved organizational requirements. (i.e., Master Incident Management Plan, recurring monthly reports, root cause analysis, security updates etc.).
The Technical Writer will assist the Business Analyst with the following:
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and document the resulting requirements
- Work with functional users to identify, prioritize and document requirements
- Support requirements prioritization and backlog grooming sessions
- Interact with customers to provide and process guidance in response to process reviews, inquiries, concerns, and requests
- Accurately process and document customer interactions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Develop and present routine and ad hoc project management reports
- Assist with the planning and management of document templates
- Assist with the development of meetings agendas and the subsequent capture and distribution of meeting minutes and action items
- Ensure all project guidance, work products, and related documents are updated and posted to a common document repository
- Review and analyze existing applications in order to develop and maintain detailed supporting documentation
- Assist in the preparation of client and system user documentation to include user manuals and system administration manuals
- Help define, develop, adjust and implement program management processes to meet government and industry best practices and guidelines
- Identify and assess process and operational inefficiencies, identify gaps, and develop recommendations on business process improvements and support the implementation and monitoring activities associated with these initiatives
- Provide advice and expertise in identifying and evaluating new technologies and associated processes
- Entry level personnel will have 1 to 3 years of relevant experience and the equivalent of an associate’s degree in a communication or IT related field.
Halvik offers a competitive full benefits package including:
Company-supported medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD insurance
Benefits include 11 federal holidays and PTO.
401(k) with company matching
Flexible Spending Accounts for commuter, medical, and dependent care expenses
Charitable Contribution matching
To comply with the guidance provided by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (Task Force) for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, Halvik is requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all their employees except where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.
Halvik Corp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
More Information on Halvik
Halvik operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Vienna, VA. Halvik was founded in 2007. It has 97 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and 401(K). To see all 32 open jobs at Halvik, click here.
Read Full Job Description