Technical Writer at OnFido (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:44 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 1, 2022
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
We’re constantly improving and iterating on our developer-facing content.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that also includes backend and frontend developers, product managers, designers, and a UX researcher. One of the team’s goals is to provide a world-class Developer Experience for Onfido’s customers, and technical writers are central to this.
You’ll be a naturally curious person, and with access to cutting-edge tools you’ll learn from an experienced team. You’ll join us at an exciting time in our journey, as the team expands Onfido’s already industry-leading developer content, explores new ways to respond to our users’ needs, and can find the best ways to work with our product-led rapid release cadence.
We’re looking for someone with the skills to build strong interpersonal relationships with subject matter experts in a fast-paced and progressive environment. You’ll be a strong communicator with a natural enjoyment of teaching, and with very good attention to detail.
As a Technical Writer at Onfido you will:
- Lead on Developer Experience products (technical reference content, guide content, code examples, API client libraries, and more)
- Write and edit varied external content for a technical audience
- Collaborate within the company across all Lines of Business, in order to improve our documentation
- Develop good working relationships with different stakeholders internally
- Contribute to improving Onfido’s overall information architecture
We’re looking for a Technical Writer who has:
- Experience in software technical writing and Developer Experience
- Experience working within a docs-as-code workflow
- Experience working within a cross-functional Agile environment
- Understanding of the importance of clear and accessible content
- Passionate about user experience, with experience working in a user-centric environment
- Experienced with a docs-as-code workflow (we use Git with GitLab and GitHub, and our sites are generated using Gatsby)
- Interest in technology and software development
- Great communication skills
- High standard of written English
- Able to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Experience in a relevant role
- Experience working with an API-based SaaS product
- Demonstrable experience contributing to software projects (e.g. API client libraries)
- Experience contributing to maintenance of a static site (frontend, deployment, etc.)
- Any experience with manual and automated code testing
- Programming or scripting abilities (any modern language)
If you believe you’re a good fit for the role (even if you think you don’t meet all the requirements), we’d like to hear from you!
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
More Information on OnFido
OnFido operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. OnFido was founded in 2012. It has 503 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Mental Health Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Work Schedule, Remote Work Program, Family Medical Leave and Paid Holidays. To see all 22 open jobs at OnFido, click here.
Read Full Job Description