Technical Writer (NSM) at Themis Insight (Baltimore, MD)
Themis Insight solves difficult business, IT, and analytic problems by addressing the whole problem – not just the symptoms – using interdisciplinary approaches that are both practical and innovative. We provide fresh alternatives to ordinary, mainstream consulting firms through small, highly skilled, and hand-picked teams that can meet clients' needs in any industry. Our broad interdisciplinary understanding allows us to provide the right solution, even if it is from outside the industry or traditionally defined problem space. We bring Public and Private, Civilian and Military expertise to every case.
We are hiring a Technical Writer to work in Fort Meade, MD. Position location is subject to change based on central MD client's needs.
Required: TS/SCI with a Polygraph
As an NSM (National Security Memorandum) Technical Writer on our team you will support the customer’s effort to improve the nation’s Cybersecurity of the Federal Information Systems. You will:
- Support the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of customer issuances: Operational Directives, Memos, Congressional Notifications, Emergency Directives, and technical documents.
- Conduct and facilitate the document review/revision process to reconcile comments. Document and maintain comments matrix noting resolution. Coordinate comment adjudication with SME, author and/or the customer team.
- Coordinate and track the SPF process with Action Officers for signature.
- Write and edit technical documentation for all office issuances. Produce how-to documentation and job aids for customer processes and procedures. Create and produce SOPs for customer processes, including SSOR, process flow documentation and format publications, technical drawings, in consultation with SME and other available resources.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Six (6) years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TW experience (at least 10 total years) may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience documenting systems, and systems of systems in accordance with systems engineering standards and practices.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- A basic understanding of customer compliance rules and policies would be ideal but selected individual will be provided formal customer compliance policy training upon assignment to the task.
Themis Insight has all the PERKS!
You are our most valuable resource — your ambition, your knowledge, your creativity. We offer an industry-leading set of benefits to supplement your normal salary compensation. Themis Insight has you covered with flexible ways to balance work and home life, full health benefit premium coverage, and generous contributions toward your retirement.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plans with 100% paid premiums.
- 401k: We contribute 6% even if you don't!
- Time Off: 11 standard holidays, and 20 days of PTO
- Career Development: Get career counseling and individualized career development plans, including education and training.
- Employee referral bonuses for successful hires
Themis Insight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Themis Insight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.