Salary: $Competitive + excellent benefits (bonus, pension, healthcare, life cover etc.)
Location: Flexible – US REMOTE
About the role:
As part of Editorial Services, Marketing (ESM), the Senior Editor ensures editorial excellence, content accuracy, and regulatory compliance on large, busy, and/or launch brands in the Fishawack Health US Marketing Division. The Senior Editor may have the opportunity to mentor entry level editors and/or assist in other departmental initiatives.
The Senior Editor is responsible for maintaining quality and brand editorial style on assigned work in a fast-paced agency environment with multiple competing deadlines. Creates, maintains, and distributes brand stylebooks; editorially reviews and fact-checks; and liaises with team members to achieve project goals. Ensures projects are free of copy-based and data visualization errors. Is an advanced user of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat markup tools, and PageProof. Assists on editorial projects outside of assigned accounts as needed. Understands industry demands; learns and participates in agency and team/department culture, including the department’s “all hands on deck” approach to launch days and heavy workloads. Exemplifies excellence by adhering to best practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs), increasing personal expertise independently, and undergoing internal training. Completes assignments by deadline; communicates with team members proactively, effectively, and collegially. Records time accurately and adheres to company policies. May oversee the work of one or more editors as a line manager or mentor, helping these editors to grow professionally, master their role, and work toward high-quality productivity and happiness in their position and the organization.
- Creates, updates, and distributes brand stylebook
- Checks files to ensure correctness, factuality, sense, credibility, decorum, compliance, and adherence to the brand stylebook
- Demonstrates a mastery of different types of reviews (eg, cold reads, word-for-words, check changes, fact checks, QC reads) and understands when to employ various levels of editorial rigor
- Displays an understanding of promotional regulations, audience, purpose, and client goals and objectives
- Adheres to agency, department, and brand team best practices and SOPs while remaining flexible to client and/or business needs
- Identifies efficiencies when editing and training colleagues
- Advises brand team, copywriters, and other colleagues on editorial topics
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing insight and guidance on best editorial practices throughout the company
- Maintains a professional tone and helpful demeanor in internal—and, when indicated, external—interactions
- Provides clear, actionable feedback during editorial reviews
- Deals with challenges proactively and positively; values suggestions and developmental feedback
- Uses official communication channels, including email and direct messaging, as intended and is available and online during agreed-upon work hours
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in English or related field
- Three years minimum of editing experience required; must be computer literate
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Acrobat markup tools; MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; PageProof/BugHerd for digital review
- Proficiency in internet and other secondary research tools; AMA style (11th ed), medical references, and PubMed preferred
- Familiarity with digital routing preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a cross-functional team
What we can offer:
Fishawack Health aims to empower every employee to develop and thrive. We empower our team with the tools, skills, and support needed to think differently and to solve healthcare’s most complex challenges.
At the center of our people-led culture is our Career Experience team, whose mission is to provide every employee with a purpose-driven career. We also pride ourselves on our personalized learning approach to ensure you receive the training you need to help you grow within the company and take advantage of our global scale and scope.
We are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our organization to encourage diversity of thought, inclusive behavior, and innovative solutions. As part of our commitment to building a healthier world, every employee is also encouraged to participate in our community engagement efforts, which support a wide range of healthcare programs and wellbeing causes worldwide.