Senior Copywriter at Hook
WHO WE ARE
Hook’s mission is to deliver high-quality creative for brands that need to grow, and fast. With that in mind, we aim to design and produce ads, content, and experiences made for the internet with an unrelenting emphasis on hands-on, in-house production and close collaboration.
Across all our offices, we hire people who are curious, experimental and excited about the work we do. We want clients to think of us as the best agency they’ve ever worked with, we want people in the industry excited to join us and we want everyone who ever works here to feel like this is the best job they’ve had yet.
Learn more about what we do at byhook.com and come join us!
WHAT’S A SENIOR COPYWRITER AT HOOK?
Senior Copywriters aim to solve client marketing challenges with an emphasis on ideating creative concepts, messaging strategy, speaking within a designated brand narrative, and technical writing. Regardless of output medium, their core responsibilities include insightful concept development and detailed creative oversight during campaign production.
A great Senior Copywriter is an experienced and articulate advertising leader that’s capable of collaboratively guiding clients through the creative process. They are beginning to trade a hands-on control of one single campaign for an authority and inspiring influence over many. They intelligently lead projects through all phases of development, from research and pitching to delivery — acting as a skilled interface between client needs and production capabilities, ultimately working to ensure the success of all work they touch — whether delegating or directly completing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead conceptual development and pitching efforts by writing and/or directing strategically driven creative messaging concepts and content.
- Lead the creation of client approved messages and themes that succeed across mediums, formats, and campaign types.
- Lead client-facing conversations focused on the development of campaign messaging and assets.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Motion and Design, ensuring that concepts meet the requirements for all formats and mediums.
- Maintain and promote an internal awareness of industry creative trends and standards with a strong focus on narrative tone and ideation.
- Mentor and support junior creative staff toward the goal of accelerating skill progression through a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Agency or equivalent copywriting experience for national and/or global brands, with some experience in tech and product features.
- The ability to project a conversational and experienced temperament when presenting.
- An inspiring portfolio of beautiful work that successfully addresses complex marketing challenges.
- Experience writing for (or an interest in) sports and/or broadcast entertainment.
- A collaborative spirit, with the ability to navigate work streams and effectively communicate.
Qualified applicants will include a resume, a portfolio of creative work and a short statement of interest that lets us learn a little more about you!
This is a full-time, remote eligible position working with an Ann Arbor based team. We're a close-knit group of people who love the internet and want to create phenomenal work. Company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
At Hook we value what makes everyone different, we look for the best talent no matter the background. We know that great work requires diverse perspectives which is why we strive to create a place of belonging where everyone can express who they are.