Senior Copywriter at Ethos Life (Remote)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As the Senior Copywriter at Ethos, you’ll help craft an approachable, memorable, modern, fun brand — shaping our new and refreshing approach to a centuries-old industry. You’ll help refresh and improve all 360 degrees of our brand language, establishing new standards and systems, conceptualizing initiatives for brand and marketing, and executing copy across a variety of deliverables and mediums directed at consumers and business partners. You will develop strategic and persuasive copy that builds on brand strategy. Through mastery of our distinctive voice & best practices, you will define our creative team’s role in communicating to current and future audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, write, and edit copy for cross-channel brand marketing campaign assets, including advertising, social media, radio, newsletters, editorial content, brand experiences, TV, and offline
- Build and shape our brand voice and tone across all brand touchpoints through compelling storytelling
- Collaborate with product marketers and other creatives to develop copy and channel recommendations that deliver on campaign strategic objectives
- Proactively seeks effectiveness in advertising through data and by understanding the needs of our customers and researching competitors’ advertisements and campaigns
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes a high volume of work and coordinates with Creative Director to effectively meet deadlines
- Ensure a consistent brand language across all channels by collaborating across departments (Creative, Marketing, Product), and continue evolving and improving our internal process, ensuring cohesive and strategic brand voice
- Build strong relationships with numerous departments to foster trust and confidence, serving as a creative expert
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, and rewrite text to improve clarity and readability, keeping within the brand tone of voice
The right candidate for this role
- Excellent creative copywriting judgment, instincts, and an informed point of view based on industry trends and best practices
- A solid understanding of writing creative, effective ads, and experience concepting and writing interactive campaigns in an online creative or related digital field
- Brings passion for fresh creative thinking and big ideas, and is comfortable exploring new channels for creative testing and experimentation
- Flexes to both conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action
- Implements a data-first approach to copywriting, utilizing data to inform and optimize campaigns
- Works with stakeholders to break down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas
- Ability to think across a wide range of categories spanning dozens of touch points
- Determined and ambitious, leading with a clear point of view
- Passion for critical analysis, strategic problem-solving, with a curious and entrepreneurial mindset
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Writing, Advertising, Journalism or related field and 3+ years experience in a copywriting or content strategy role.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, creative environment, think strategically, and creatively
- Effective communication skills and a natural style of building relationships
- Familiarity with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.