Senior China Reporter at Reorg (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:59 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. A proud member of the Warburg Pincus portfolio since 2018, Reorg’s operations continue to grow rapidly across North America, the UK, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at Reorg
Consistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, PTO and Summer Fridays generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.
Asia Core Credit by Reorg is looking for a driven financial journalist to join our team. You are a journalist or someone interested in breaking into investigative financial journalism who is passionate about digging for information on distressed Chinese corporations. You have a need for speed in getting breaking news out to our subscribers timely and accurately. You have a solid understanding of the credit/insolvency markets and a broad base of sources, or are willing to self-study. You are especially not afraid to pick up the phone and develop sources.
If willing, you will learn a tremendous amount in this role and work with a team of seasoned journalists across the APAC region and help us continue our expansion. We’re looking for people who have a tremendous amount of natural curiosity, energy, with a strong work ethic and desire to dig into complicated financials and ask tough questions to develop top notch stories for our subscribers. Fluency in both English and Mandarin, with a strong proficiency in reading Chinese, is critical for this role.
- Break news about stressed and distressed corporate borrowers, and performing credit and high-yield bond issuers.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the credit markets including buyside investors, restructuring advisors and lawyers.
- Cover court hearings.
- Attend conferences and events.
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts.
- Minimum of two years’ experience reporting and writing for English-language publications, preferably those focused on the credit markets.
- Critical that candidates are fluent in English and Mandarin. Strong proficiency in reading Chinese.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced news environment.
- Willingness to self-study about the credit markets and take direction from our senior editorial members.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Great communication, interpersonal skills.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description