From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We’re seeking a Managing Editor, Brand & Content Marketing, to lead the development of powerful marketing content to inform, empower and inspire Fivetran customers and prospects.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Content Marketing, you will guide the editorial strategy and vision of brand content across multiple platforms. High-quality content is the backbone of Fivetran growth strategy – you will drive brand awareness and engagement by greasing the wheels of our content marketing engine.
The ideal candidate is an experienced editor who can guide and develop a team of internal and external content creators to elevate our brand, capture top-of-funnel traffic, and drive engagement. You have a passion for journalism, are a digital creator at heart, and have robust experience in editorial planning and management.
Data integration, analytics, and business intelligence are complex topics; you’re passionate about educating and engaging prospects by breaking complex technical concepts into simple and helpful content.
You're a strategic thinker and a doer. You take a creative approach to challenges and initiatives and support your decisions with data. You're thoughtful and collaborative with a strong bias towards action, trying new approaches, and driving outcomes. You have strong content development and communication skills and take pride in being highly organized.
- Own the editorial calendar and manage editorial production for the Fivetran company blog, including sourcing, editing, and publishing content; set the editorial strategy with the Senior Director of Content Marketing.
- Triage incoming requests and commission content from internal content producers, freelancers and agency partners; seek new content contributors within Fivetran and with partners and community advocates.
- Influence the brand voice and tone across all marketing touchpoints; you will use qualitative and quantitative data and an audience-first mindset to continually innovate and optimize our marketing content.
- Instill an SEO-first discipline in all content creation and editing to ensure maximum discoverability for digital content.
- Proofread and edit copy, ensuring it conforms to in-house and standard style guides.
- Request design assets from our Design Studio team.
- Ensure the quality of our content remains consistently high.
- Assist with copywriting activities for key projects as needed.
- 8+ years of content marketing or editorial experience; journalism degree preferred.
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Expert in editorial process management and editorial workflows and tools.
- Experience using a modern CMS like Contentful, WordPress or Webflow.
- Measured approach, demonstrating grace and grit under pressure.
- Ability to self-direct, lead, organize, and prioritize multiple projects and requests.
- Willingness to dig into complex subjects; experience with B2B content creation preferred.
- Experience managing content producers.
- Must know AP style.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.