Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Role:
Our goal is to make Canva the ‘go to’ Educational content marketplace for teachers & educators around the world by scaling our Educational resources, and shifting the perception of our Educational offering.
As the Head of Educational Content you will be responsible for using data & strategy to build a clear vision of our Educational content, and working with our design, product & ops team to bring this to life. We are just at the start of our Educational journey at Canva - and you will play a key role in shaping the future of Education at Canva within content & more broadly.
What you'll do:
- Delivering the Educational content & discovery experience vision & goals, and achieving against the key metrics of success
- Managing & tracking the delivery of our educational content experience vision, and providing updates to leadership & key stakeholders
- Collaborating with key product, design, marketing & operations stakeholders across Canva to identify and deliver step changes in the Education experience incl. Lessons and interactivity
- Building out the detailed plan & budget for delivering against the Educational content experience vision, and working with C&D stakeholders in content, partnerships, product & design to mobilise against this
- Collaborating with our Education teams across Canva (incl. Canva University) to refine & scale the approach to lessons in a box and interactive lessons
- Building a more nuanced approach to our Educational content & experience through competitive research, market trends and internal data
- Identifying & mobilising against opportunities to further improve our educational content experience within C&D and across Canva
- Working with our marketing & product teams to ensure the ‘best of’ & most relevant Educational content is highlighted to our users
- Manager and lead a team of design, product, & operations to realise your vision & drive Educational content engagement at Canva
What we're looking for:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the Education content and/or Edtech space at a high growth company with an international presence
- Proven track record of identifying and driving significant strategic change & growth in the Education space with a cross functional team
- Leadership experience in the Education space through building & executing against a compelling & strategic Education content & experience vision within international markets
- Experience and confidence influencing and building relationships with senior stakeholders across design, product, strategy, marketing, & operations
- Proactive approach through owning & driving work from start to finish. You identify the opportunities where you can make the largest impact, and you see it through
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- If you have a keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver then this could be the role for you!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.