Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
We’re looking for our first Head of Content Design. This role will be responsible for leading, managing, and growing the team that owns the content experience of Opendoor’s products. Our company mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move relies on crafting a simple, seamless experience for anyone wanting to buy, sell, or finance a home. We need a leader to help us set strategies and craft excellent content in all the areas where we interact with customers, while establishing an exceptional writing function and culture within the company. This role will sit within our design organization and report directly to the Head of Design.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Lead, manage, and mentor the content designers at Opendoor
- Oversee content design team operations, enabling high velocity output of high quality content across Opendoor’s customer experience
- Partner and collaborate with senior stakeholders across the company to set content strategy and implement processes to integrate content creation into all necessary product development cycles
- Provide creative direction and leadership to ensure the delivery of well crafted content
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 9+ years of experience working in content, design, technology, or related fields
- 4+ years of experience in people management
- Proven track record creating well crafted content within high growth technology companies
- Ability to partner and collaborate with leaders from other functional areas to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing distributed teams
- Experience working with online/offline consumer products
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description