Memo is bringing transformative data to the PR & Comms industry, reinventing how the world’s largest companies share and measure their brand narrative.
By partnering with publications to surface actual readership data on earned articles for the first time ever, Memo has established a new standard for PR measurement that fuels winning communications strategies for Fortune 500 companies including Google, Walmart, and dozens more.
Our most recent funding round, a $10 million Series A raised in August 2021, gave us a $60 million valuation. Investors include the original VCs behind category-defining companies including Uber, Robinhood, and The Trade Desk. Memo has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Business Insider and PRWeek.
We are experiencing massive growth and actively seeking to hire roles on several teams.
Memo’s leadership team includes seasoned executives and startup leaders who are focused on building a stable foundation designed to scale, judicious burn management, and a people-first culture.About the Role
Memo has scaled rapidly over the past year by developing a truly unique solution for the PR & Communications industry – we have established a completely new measurement standard for earned media. While we’ve gained enormous traction in the industry, we have not yet meaningfully invested into our own content and PR strategy and see a tremendous opportunity to further drive awareness, educate the market, and communicate our story.
Memo is looking for its first Communications hire to own these initiatives. We’re looking for someone with a strong B2B and agency background. Ultimately, your job is to help build our external communications and PR strategy with a focus on producing content and providing thought leadership.
As our Director of Content and Communications, you will be both a strategic thinker and a doer. In collaboration with senior leadership, you will implement content and communications strategies and activities that build awareness and consideration for prospects and clients. You should be passionate about content, social, PR, tech, have strong storytelling skills, and a strategic problem-solver with an affinity for details.
You will be responsible for high-level strategic decision-making across the business while collaborating cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Operations, Product, and Marketing.
You’ll be working on:
- Own and drive a PR program: identify opportunities to garner news coverage, draft news releases, and proactively pitch media
- Build, manage, and strengthen relationships with media outlets including those in the technology, channel, vertical, and business spaces
- Produce content for Memo’s owned channels (e.g. company blog, newsletter, one-pagers, product explainers, etc.)
- Write and place executive thought leadership content for articles, podcasts, and speaking opportunities
- Develop the messaging, media, and channels through which Memo can establish itself as an expert in earned media measurement
- Provide guidance to Marketing and Sales on key messaging for web copy, ads, and drip campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and execute Memo’s social media strategy
- Develop Memo’s style guide, messaging pillars, etc
- Ad-hoc communications projects
- 7+ years of B2B communications experience and/or agency experience working with SaaS companies
- Able to provide sample of content authored
- Experience building and managing a PR program from the ground up with little oversight
- Experience with storytelling and media relations for B2B technology companies
- Ability to distill complicated data and analytics narratives into compelling stories across top tier business, technology and PR media channels
- Experience managing social channels: Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and map back current activities to broader goals/big picture
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you have a strong sense of ownership and can deliver high-impact work in an at times ambiguous environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, find creative solutions, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
It'd be nice if you had experience with:
- Events, conferences, and webinars
- SEO best practices for owned content
- Creating and editing internal comms materials
- Providing media training to employees for media interviews and speaking engagements
- This role will be remote
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Membership to Talkspace (mental health)