Digital Copywriter (Contract) at Fetch Rewards
Note, this is a fully remote position.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 10M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years, we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps. Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people are doing and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
What you'll be doing.
- Produce smart, clear and distinctly Fetch copy to engage and inform our users, and help move our brand forward
- Concept, create and revise copy for a range of communications, including email, digital ads, TV, social, in-app, push messages, etc.
- Primary focus on supporting the engagement team, keeping our users in the know
- Secondary focus on supporting acquisition, B2B, product and internal teams
- When necessary, showcase our 500 partner brands, keeping in mind their guidelines and direction, but making sure it still comes from the Fetch voice
- Revisit and refresh existing communication workflows
- Keep copy short
- Identify and embrace our target user, what motivates them, and turn those insights into great copy
- Take risks and push Fetch’s writing style
- Work with Creative Director and other writers to evolve Fetch’s unique brand voice and tone that will permeate all brand touchpoints
- Collaborate closely with all members of the creative team including designers, illustrators, animators, project manager and creative leadership
- Contribute to evolving brand and style guideline
- Be mindful of how concepts will translate into other languages
Skills we believe you’ll need for the position.
- 5-ish years copy experience, with a track record of creating memorable and effective content
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
- A good vocabulary and solid understanding of grammar, but also knows when to push the rules
- Strong grasp of best practices across many marketing streams including email, social, organic, paid ads and SEO
- Attention to detail
- A sincere belief in the power of collaboration
- Ability to transform insights and strategy into excellent creative output
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to work independently in a hybrid work setting (office and work-from-home)
- Experience with Iterable or other CRM tools
- Workable knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Can hop back and forth between writing for B2B and B2C
What we’ll offer you.
- Stock options
- Top-notch insurance for people & pets
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Work From Home Flexibility
- 401k / Retirement Plan + Match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Full-Time Wellness Coach
- Work/life balance - we were featured in Forbes list, “2021 America’s Best Start-Ups”
- Unique, pet-friendly office space
- Internal mobility and growth
- Autonomy in your role