Content Writing Specialist (B2B Tech)- Providence, RI
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services, search marketing and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We believe crafting great stories and content is critical to amplifying brands and driving results for our clients. If you are a master storyteller with a passion for copywriting, this role is for you. We’re currently looking for a dynamic and experienced Content Writing Specialist to join our team in any of our East Coast Matter offices. The Content Writing Specialist will play a key role on client projects working closing with PR, social media, digital marketing and creative to help develop engaging, on-brand content, and will be responsible for creating pristine written text that works hand-in-hand with visual concepts.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with PR teams, digital marketing and creative to craft compelling brand stories for clients that help differentiate vs. competition
- Ensure all messaging and content is on-brand and on-mission - copy, tone, voice.
- Lead content development projects that could include case studies, bylined articles, blog posts, video scripts, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to write with clarity, technical accuracy and creativity across a wide range of B2B and B2C industries
Along with a great portfolio of work, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 2-4 years of relevant content creation experience working in both B2B and B2C
- Experience working in the modern marketing landscape – PR, social media, content marketing
- The ideal candidate will be conceptual, collaborative, and highly creative to help come up with the big ideas, and have the initiative and hands-on ability to execute against timelines
- Experience working in an agency environment working on both creative assignments and long form copywriting preferred but not required
- Strong portfolio of diverse writing experience that demonstrates a range of writing styles and ability to adapt tone, format and voice
- Superior project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.