Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized producer, with project management skills, to work closely with our cinematics team to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining processes and pipelines in support of external and internal developers. The ideal candidate has experience with asset-heavy or real-time game cinematic pipelines and is comfortable working with outsource partners.
What You Will Do:
- Manage team members across discipline to ensure team goals and production values are met while keeping projects on schedule and within budget.
- Develop, maintain, and manage professional relationships with outsource partners.
- Manage external partner schedules and deliveries of content
- Interface with Creative Leads and other Producers to ensure quality and production goals are being communicated and achieved.
- Work with our publisher and internal Firaxis team to ensure project milestones, QA and localization content specification needs are communicated and achieved.
- Work with discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete projects.
- Work with internal team and external partners to support best outsourcing practices, establish effective tools and pipelines for asset tracking and manage content delivery.
- Identify and remove development roadblocks and bottlenecks.
- Be an integral part of delivering a top-quality game on time and on budget.
Who Will be a Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience working in production where you have managed outsourcing or cinematic groups in the delivery and support of content.
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as Hansoft/ JIRA and Perforce.
- A demonstrated understanding of various Production methodologies.
- Experience and knowledge of content pipelines and dependencies.
- Solid understanding of game development processes, limitations, dependencies, and trends.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Prior experience working with co-development teams/external vendors.
- Experience developing or managing asset-heavy pipelines.
- Knowledge of real-time or pre-rendered cinematic pipelines.
- Proficiency with project management tool Shotgrid.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.