- Work with business stakeholders in defining, designing, proposing and implementing solutions for our Company's key business processes from an end to end supply chain planning standpoint.
- Provide expertise for the Supply Chain Planning products that include SAP, Rapid response, Analytics, etc., and help mature capabilities, while coordinating with key SAP technology teams (ABAP, Basis, Security, Database, etc.).
- Assess and align key process linkages between SAP ECC, APO, BI, Rapid Response, and Analytic Platforms.
- Serve as a technology and subject matter expert on End to End supply chain processes and related functions such as Forecasting, Distribution Requirements Planning, Material Requirements Planning, Production Planning, Detailed Scheduling.
- Define use cases for advanced capabilities in Supply Chain Planning platforms or other tools which includes digital capabilities.
- Develop, articulate, and build support around a long term strategy and implement incremental milestones in support of that strategy while delivering short term needs.
- Provide leadership and direction for establishing the technical capabilities working with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Help manage the backlog and guide the SteadyState team deliver requirements thus enhancing the overall Supply Chain capabilities.
- Establish the roadmap for delivery based on capability gaps and will be responsible for delivery to meet expected functionality.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and 8 years of experience delivering information technology services and solutions in Supply Chain Planning functional areas, including Demand Planning, Supply Planning (DRP), Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and Master data with an emphasis on innovation.
- Requires 8 years of experience with all of the following: using agile methods to bring new solutions through experimental/Proof Of Concept (POC) stages and subsequent Minimum Viable Product (MVP), scale up and industrialization; collaborating, communicating, supervising and coaching across different cultures, organizational levels and disciplines; building strong relationships with client organizations and with technology centers; deployment experience in SAP Platforms like ECC, APO or IBP, and Rapid response; leading teams to deliver system capabilities across supply chain planning; and presenting technical solutions to business problems to stakeholders.
- Qualified applicant must have completed a minimum of four full life cycle projects in Supply Chain.
- Up to 20% domestic/international travel required.
- Part-time telecommuting permitted.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. For more information about personal rights under the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment laws, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively.
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5, 2023, employees in office-based positions in the U.S. will be working a Hybrid work consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday and either Monday or Thursday, although the specific days may vary by site or organization, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please note, this Hybrid work model guidance also does not apply to roles that have been designated as "remote".
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: