Arity - People/Culture Intern
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The People and Culture Team
The Arity People and Culture Team plays a key role in making Arity a great place to work for every employee. We work hand in hand with employees and leaders to create employee programs, develop recruiting strategies, and promote employee engagement and retention. As a member of this team, you can expect to work with creative, empathetic, and flexible people who are excited to bring their service-oriented work ethic to the team every day. Not only will you get to live the culture that lets everyone be their authentic self, but you get to help us create it.
The People & Culture Intern will gain experience coordinating employee experiences across the company and supporting a culture of innovation. The intern will have high visibility across Arity, working on projects to solve problems, drive engagement and moral and support our culture.
What You’ll Learn:
- HR-related topics including talent management, onboarding, and recruiting.
- Exposure to employee experience strategies that support building Arity’s community
- Project and program management.
- Corporate communication strategies like presentations, meeting facilitation and written communication.
- Responsible for helping to create and advocate for an open innovative culture by assisting in coordinating projects and program execution.
- Help facilitate our onboarding program; partner with business units to build a foundational business knowledge for new employees.
- Promote employee recognition, through company-wide standups and our innovative peer-to-peer recognition platform.
- Support wellbeing and team building events for the organization.
- Assist Arity employees and leaders on effectively navigating employee issues or common activities, such as hiring, performance management, offboarding, etc.
- Contribute to employee communication strategies, key messaging, stakeholder identification and work with team members throughout Arity to help ensure effective information flow is taking place.
- Participate in the design and execution of Arity’s talent management processes/phases (e.g., recruitment, performance management, succession management, career development, etc).
Target start date: May/June 2024
Education and Experience:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR, Communications, Operational Excellence, Organizational Development or Psychology or related field
- Rising junior or senior preferred (graduating 2025 or 2026)
- Familiarity with HR/ people & culture concepts
- Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources, the ability to work with numbers and formulas
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details, and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement, both personally and with work assignments
- Positive and mature attitude when faced with adversity
- Able to handle sensitive topics and confidential information with care.
- Communication & Collaboration - Works effectively across boundaries to promote two-way communication and has intermediate communication skills - written & verbal
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
Compensation offered for this role is between $20 and $42 an hour and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment