Arity - Customer Success Implementation Engineer Intern
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
As the connection between the client and company, the Customer Success team serves as both the voice of the customer and the face of Arity. Customer Success is — you guessed it — a customer-centric team working daily to develop shared goals through practical solutions, which offer real results. Collaborating daily with sales, engineering, product, and business strategy teams, Customer Success manages diverse relationships with grace and skill. They’re empowered to flex their creativity when solving problems, onboarding clients, and gathering customer feedback to ensure continued satisfaction. The Customer Success team is the advocate for our clients – the sounding board. Do you think you’re up for the challenge?
Arity has an exciting internship opportunity within our Customer Success Organization as a Solution Implementation Engineer. The Intern who fills this role has an interest in how to make transportation safer, smarter, and more efficient as well as a pension for learning how to work with a diverse set of Customers and their data. The Solution Implementation Engineer Intern will shadow a number of roles within the Customer Success organization to understand best practices in Customers Success, SaaS and Support. You are passionate about technology and data and are on your way to building a career in this space while understanding how products and solutions are architected and supported.
- Shadow Arity team members to become familiar with Arity flagship products in Telematics and Mobility such as Routely, the Arity SDK and APIs, which support these products.
- Learn about all facets of being a member of Customer Success – selling, nurturing, supporting and having long term relationships and experiences with Customers.
- Learn about our Customers – their business strategies, goals and how using Arity Solutions and Services helps Customers to achieve their goals.
- Learn new technologies in support of Arity’s cloud-based infrastructure, APIs, SDKs and mobile technologies.
- Learn how to work with debugging tools such as Postman and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Support CSMs and the Lead Solution Implementation Engineer by performing technical walk throughs of how to use the product and best practices to optimize implementation and ongoing use.
- Work with the customer support team to understand how to troubleshoot and resolve issues, working with internal and external resources, and learn customer support best practices.
- Collaborate with Product, and Engineering, to understand the implementation, and adaptation, of Arity products, solutions, and capabilities, based on feedback from Customers and your key learnings.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to share critical client activity as you are assisting with onboarding or troubleshooting issues.
- Mature your skills in iOS, Android, mobile testing, data analysis and processing.
- May travel to Client sites to observe and/or participate in 1-2 Customer quarterly business reviews.
- Working toward a degree in computer science, software engineering and development, or relevant work experience.
- Introductory coding and/or mobile development experience
- Knowledge of mobile development tools
- Mastery of excel for analyzing data (use of pivot tables, formulas)
- Interest in data analysis and processing
- Proven ability to understand technical concepts and distill into business terms for key stakeholders to understand
- Interest and passion for working with progressive technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Development experience with mobile apps in iOS or Android
- Exposure and/or experience using APIs
- Exposure and/or experience working with postman, apigee, Jupiter, and/or cloud technologies
Compensation offered for this role is between $20 and $42 an hour and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you. Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment