Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the world’s leading companies to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulip’s no-code platform, companies can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines, and processes involved --all in a matter of days.
Companies of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices, and more, have implemented Tulip’s intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating machines and devices at the edge, and capturing and analyzing real-time operational data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. It has been recognized as an MES Challenger on the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year, and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.
- You are excited to engage with our channel and strategic partners to demonstrate how Tulip can increase their revenue with Tulip's unique approach to the operations industry.
- You are excited to get involved with prospective partners in conversations that cover solutions, demonstrations and technical discussions
- You like to get involved in the planning of the go-to-market strategies with Tulip's strategic partners
- You are always looking at ways to improve systems at scale, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations within the pre sales team
- You are eager to work cross functionally to improve the exposure to Tulip with the goal of decreasing our sales cycle
What skills do I need?
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Computer Science). MSc degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of either IT or technical application delivery experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in selling to or working with manufacturing companies preferred
- Excellent business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as ERP, MES, MOM, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Travel: Please note this role will involve some travel, anywhere from 10-50% (based on the status of the current pandemic situation)
In order to succeed at Tulip, you will:
- Develop, present and deliver high-impact technical demonstrations of the Tulip solutions on a daily basis (Demos, technical presentations, technical discussions, etc.)
- Clearly articulate the benefits of Tulip’s applications to all levels including but not limited to line of business managers, "C" level executives, and IT
- Provide comprehensive technical pre sales support to Tulip’s channel partners and strategic partners including developing and training personnel on product demonstrations, product positioning, and competitive overviews (competitive intelligence).
- Identify and collaborate with prospect technical stakeholders to align around Tulip’s solution and secure commitments needed to ensure a “technical close”
- Maintain account and opportunity updates within our internal sales force automation system to manage and prioritize sales opportunities
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests and product enhancements as needed
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and consensus building
- Perform needs gathering and requirement analysis for new customers
- Analyze and track reseller competencies and technical delivery.
- Help develop and answer RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ), technical assessments, technical and security questionnaires
- Sales team
- Account executives
- Channel Partner Management
- Strategic Partner Management
- Customer Services Team:
- Customer solutions
- Customer success and Account Management
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Hybrid work model and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.