Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
You will be responsible for facilitating the product development for our in-vehicle displays. This role requires leading Rivian peers and external stakeholders through design, release, prototyping, tooling, validation, production readiness and into service. You will establish timing, and manage your display programs with high levels of initiative, organization, technical competence and emotional intelligence. You will maintain program status and keep stakeholders up to date on progress and problems.
- Work closely with the Display and electrical designs team to create engineering and delivery schedules, closely track program progress, and deliveries against overall vehicle deliverable schedules.
- Identify programmatic risks and work to mitigate and reduce exposure, championing and raising issues and removing roadblocks to hit timing.
- Work with the vehicle line, software, electrical and other teams to identify, come together, and drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and drive the development and integration of our Displays via design reviews, ensuring all pre series builds are supported to effectively launch the vehicle
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Supply chain to ensure timely delivery of components and assemblies for prototype builds.
- Coordinate with Vehicle integration and Electrical Systems to ensure delivery and successful integration of electronic assemblies
- Push and support the release of all engineering documentation to support PLM.
- Support purchasing efforts as needed to ensure timely deliveries.
- Be able to plan budget for the project and maintain forecast, maintaining risk registers
- 5+ years of experience leading technical programs or equivalent
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Detailed knowledge of electrical hardware design, development, validation, and integration process
- Direct experience with managing Display programs
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams to solve a complex issue
- Proven experience delivering complex projects in short timelines
- Ability to create clarity and invent solutions where there is ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to concisely communicate with assembly line or executives
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Travel as needed to support builds.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.