Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
· Debug functional issues on the vehicle where the root cause could span across any combination of physical, electrical, and software issues.
· Champion vehicle level features from their definition to fully functioning state.
· Lead the integration of cross domain vehicle features and architecture implementations.
· Maintain a high level overview of the current state of each new software release branch.
· Triage bugs and perceived issues, escalating when appropriate and driving to resolution.
· Provide vehicle wide expertise in the integration and bring-up of new architectures and component revisions thus ensuring that new configurations work as expected.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
· 3+ years of experience working on electromechanical devices.
· Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with git, jira, and software development lifecycle.
· Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance.
· Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
· Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
· Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System Integration
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
More Information on Rivian
Rivian operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Plymouth, MI, Normal , IL, Wittman , AZ, Irvine, CA, Carson, CA, San Jose, CA and Palo Alto, CA. Rivian was founded in 2009. It has 4300 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 550 open jobs at Rivian, click here