SCM Specialist II - Material Proposal Coordinator at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
SCM Specialist II - Material Proposal Coordinator
Ball Aerospace seeks a self-motivated and detail-oriented Material Proposal Coordinator to contribute to the Bill of Material Pricing Team in response to BATC Customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs).
This is an experienced level position within Supply Chain that provides an opportunity to increase skill sets within the proposal process, specifically material pricing. Role includes BOM creation from kick-off through BOM submittal, including importing and exporting BOMS, review and adjusting with engineering team, requesting and entering quotes from suppliers, as well as reviewing and entering them into Ball pricing software. Job duties also include verifying the Bill of Materials top 80% cost drivers. Role participates in cross-functional teams in Supply Chain Management. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work confidently in our proposal software and other software systems, have great attention to detail, solicit and review supplier quotes to understand quote validity, price breaks, exception statements in addition to all costs associated with purchasing materials.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work within multiple teams across many functional areas to increase your understanding of the proposal process and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced and growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Be able to plan, lead and perform a BOM effort from proposal kick off through supporting document submission for the cost volume.
- Attend Proposal Kick Off Meetings.
- Become an expert in MPP and its functionality.
- Attend Director and/or Vice President level reviews.
- Demonstrate an understanding of BATC proposal process as it relates to Bill of Material (BOM) pricing.
- Request and receive quotes from suppliers.
- Review all quotes entered for accuracy and validity through the requested date and populate the Pricing Software; Become an expert/professional in quote review/comprehension.
- Review Bill of Materials top 80% cost drivers for accuracy.
- Learn the Ball Aerospace Material Proposal Pricing (MPP) tool.
- Proactively coordinate with the proposal team regarding workload and deadline requests.
- Manage excel spreadsheets and report to the proposal team through various stages of the quoting process.
- Provide input, analysis, and support for annual additional quantities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team while making individual contributions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to notice changes in documents.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting local and virtual team members across various geographical locations.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word, and Adobe Professional.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.