Production Manager - Electro Optical Manufacturing at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Production Manager - Electro Optical Manufacturing
At Ball Aerospace’s Westminster Colorado location, we develop and manufacture state of the art electro-optical sensor technologies that are integrated onto tactical vehicle platforms. If you’d like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you. This Production Manager role would report to our Manufacturing Value Stream Manager and manage a team of technicians that support our Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) mission area manufacturing efforts. This position will be responsible as a functional supervisor for the manufacturing technicians supporting our IAS mission area in our Westminster, CO facility. Required functions include functional leadership, resource allocation, workload balancing, establishing/maintaining relationships with our internal customer, efficient usage of internal systems, risk management, compliance, and continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide functional leadership for technicians that are supporting electro-optical system manufacturing. Specific duties include resource allocation, talent recruitment, staff motivation, training, performance management, work assignments, workload management, new-hire engagement, and recognition.
- Align with the Mission area staffing leadership to define technician resource needs; work with SSU’s to obtain those resources which may include participation in the recruitment process.
- Align with SBU and SSU leadership to provide outstanding customer service in support of IAS programs.
- Develop strategy to grow technician disciplines to support a rate manufacturing environment.
- Develop a strategy to connect manufacturing operational strategy with internal customer needs.
- Work with engineering disciplines to establish and maintain data driven metrics to monitor and continuously improve the performance baseline.
- Incorporate departmental standard systems for error proofing such as: cross-training plans, program training certs, TPM, and Human Error Management.
- Lead department strategic initiatives focused on technician development. Leadership will require interaction with multiple departments, reaching out to stakeholders, and assuming project ownership for execution. Work with direct manager to scope each project appropriately.
- Cultivate Ball Aerospace's relationships with local educational institutions by supporting events, providing input to course curriculum, and being a key contact to develop new avenues for talent recruitment.
- Participate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities related to technician functions including Kaizen events.
- Contribute and execute to risk and opportunity management. Specifically identify risk or opportunity topics and collaborate with key stakeholders to get them submitted for consideration. Either contribute or lead projects to a solution.
- Demonstrate outstanding abilities in conflict resolution, leadership presence, and organizational / time management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.