Sr. Product Manager at DISH (Greater Denver Area)
At SLING TV, we operate at the intersection of culture and invention, redefining the meaning of consumer choice to evolve our product and the medium it helped invent.
More than five years after helping millions of Americans cut the cord and disrupting Pay TV for good, our product continues to thrive because of the culture that helped shape it. We foster opportunity both for our customers and the employees who serve them.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Sling TV Growth Sr. Product Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring acquisition solutions are both valuable (our customers choose to buy or use them) and viable (the solution works within the business's many constraints). You will talk to customers, synthesize quantitative and qualitative information, and make decisions about which problems or opportunities are the highest priority to pursue. You'll form hypotheses, test, analyze, learn and test again, continually optimizing our acquisition channels. You will work closely with product designers, web content managers, marketers, and engineering teams to identify, design, test, and build reusable components, styles, and libraries. You will play a crucial role in accelerating our growth and driving consistency, and usability across both the Sling app and Sling.com, while enabling best-in-class experiences our customers expect.
The role is based in Sling TV's downtown Denver office.
- Lead problem and solution discovery, testing and experimenting in collaboration with other roles to understand real users' motivations, goals, and pain points and to reduce key value, viability, usability, and feasibility risks
- Partner with marketing stakeholders on the strategy and implementation of key events within our customer consideration and sign-up journey, to determine effectiveness and progress against growth goals.
- Lead and collaborate closely with your cross-functional product team, consistently articulating product strategy, sharing learnings both good and bad, making difficult decisions and being accountable for them, prioritizing ruthlessly, representing the team throughout organization, and nurturing strong collaborative relationships within the team
- Assess competing or similar products in the fast-changing media, television, and digital video landscape
- Become an acknowledged expert in and evangelist of the current state, future goals, functionality, and roadmap of your part of the user journey
- Contribute a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business; constraints from marketing, sales, support, finance, legal, and privacy are typical examples.
- Fill the Scrum role of product owner on your team, ensuring the product backlog is transparent, visible, understood, and in priority order
- Define, monitor, and analyze product and business metrics, and feed learnings back into the product development process
- Own the execution and excellence of your product(s) - be scrappy, solve problems, and take an entrepreneurial approach to deliver against business outcomes and create a delightful viewer experience
- Design reusable merchandising mechanisms that showcase and reinforce regular value
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 4+ years of product management, or ecommerce experience with history of meeting, or exceeding acquisition, retention, customer care and/or monetization KPIs
- Passion for collaborating, iterating, and testing with Product Design and Engineering to discover solutions that exceed user expectations and drive business results
- Obsession with customers and experience personally conducting user research, testing, and optimization
- Experience creating new or improved product features that drive business outcomes
- High comfort level in analytics and generating customer insights from data trends
- Can think strategically but is able to roll up your sleeves, get stuff done, and sweat the details
- Can communicate clearly and effectively - on paper, in person, over email/chat - across all functions and levels of the org as well as externally with partners
- Keen interest in the digital video, streaming, and TV programming industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to lead and inspire teams to deliver on our goals
- Experience with the Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, and/or Adobe Commerce a plus
Compensation: $125,000.00/Year - $170,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.