Manager, Product Management - Style Curation at Nordstrom
The Manager Product Management for Style Curation is a key member of the Nordstrom Product Management team, responsible for building, delivering, and scaling personalized style curation capabilities to provide digital experiences that create a strong customer connection and drive engagement with the Nordstrom brand. The manager will leverage data-driven insights using a variety of qualitative and quantitative inputs to prioritize and deliver key features, functionality, and programs for Nordstrom. Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that, product managers plan the product roadmap and prioritize the applicable technology backlog, lead product discovery, and measure and communicate results of the feature portfolio in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
A day in the life...
Advanced Capability with the following competencies, requiring little day to day management support:
- Develops and manages customer experience product strategies with the product management team
- Ensures alignment on priorities and direction by partnering with other groups, stakeholders and leaders
- Partners with Business Partners, Data Science, UX, Engineering, and Research on feature design
- Develops a/b testing plan with analytics where appropriate
- Drives ownership of features and services throughout the product lifecycle for our cross-channel customer experiences
- Collaborates with peers and leaders across the enterprise to solicit needs, define vision and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Hires and supervises an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of the product management strategies
- Partners with technology teams to deliver key features and functionality that enhance the customer experience across Nordstrom channels
- Conducts data-driven analyses to continuously maintain a pulse on performance and the state of the business
- Monitors and identifies customer needs staying current on industry standards/trends and responds by making adjustments to product roadmaps
- Builds a strong product vision for a suite of products for a team of product managers
- Supports the development of team level OKRs to drive value and impact to both the customer and the business
- Maintains a strong understanding of available technologies to help inform the roadmap that will improve efficiency in benefitting the customer
- Presents vision, strategy, roadmap, and plans to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership on a regular basis
You own this if you have...
- Minimum 6 years' experience with 3+ years of management experience, specifically in product management with technology or ecommerce company preferred
- Bachelors' degree in math, statistics, finance, economics, or related quantitative discipline is preferred
- Ability to inspire others, including demonstrated experience managing and leading strong teams
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Technical background and understanding of software development principles
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Analytics, Engineering and User Experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.