Senior Director, Global Revenue Operations at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Senior Director, Global Revenue Operations overseas the Sales Operations function for our North American, European and APAC businesses. This role is a critical member of our Global Sales teams, working hand-in-hand with the North American CGO (Chief Growth Officer) and other international Sales leadership. The primary responsibilities will be to lead sales operations, programs, analytics, and process design/improvement for the global GumGum Sales teams. This role will be influential in planning and operationalizing the GTM & Sales Strategy plans, reporting on pipeline health & generation, and leading bi-weekly global forecast reviews.
This Senior Director, Global Revenue Operations will produce actionable plans to drive improved sales productivity, pipeline quality, pipeline conversion, and client lifetime value. They effectively serve as “the revenue optimizer” for our global ad sales, partnering with cross functional teams to accomplish this goal. This position includes a healthy balance of strategic thinking combined with deep operational experience in revenue planning & execution.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and MN.
- Business Partnership
- Serve as a strategic business partner to global Sales heads in N. America, EMEA & APAC
- Serve as POC to Finance, Marketing and other key operating partners
- Partner closely with our Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Finance teams, serving as the subject matter expert in revenue operations
- Provide counsel to the CFO, President of EMEA, Chief Growth Officer North America and SVP Commercial Development (APAC) in implementing objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business and financial goals
- Strategic insights and optimization
- Lead performance analysis to identify areas of concern and best practices. Use this analysis to provide actionable feedback and areas of focus to improve individual seller performance.
- Incorporate early detection and identification into the pipeline process to ensure timely actions are taken
- Provide strategic support in all areas that relate to revenue management, including sales commissions, sales splits, goals settings and more
- Partner with Business Intelligence, using data analysis and storytelling to generate business intelligence insights for the team
- Partner with Finance to drive insights into Sales Capacity, Quota Planning & Territory Quota Management
- Data and Reporting
- Support Sales Strategy & the GTM plan with alignment on goals, metrics & reporting
- Standardize reports across all teams to ensure global consistency in our analysis approach
- Own CRM & Sales Insights Tools (Salesforce & Clari) plus drive additional automation solutions where possible to maintain an agile and lean business
- Implement operational processes and procedures to ensure data accuracy and reporting
- Ensure data is flowing seamlessly from Marketing to Sales to Account Management to Finance
- Create executive revenue dashboards, presentations and board materials as needed
- Partner with Marketing to establish strong demand generation capabilities and report on the sales funnel from lead generation through to deal
- Sales Forecasting
- Drive the bi-weekly forecast cadence, sharing insights on pipeline health and evaluating performance to drive pipeline growth & efficacy -- with a focus on establishing and improving key performance metrics (e.g. Pipeline Coverage Ratio (PCR), win rates, net new revenue, etc.)
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales, marketing, and finance organizations
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred
- 10+ years-experience in Sales Operations or Business Operations
- Having experience in agile & dynamic Sales environments
- Proven success in driving operational excellence within a revenue / sales team
- Experience architecting and managing revenue systems from ground up - CRM, Revenue Ops and Marketing Automation tools. Salesforce experience required
- Experience working with a SaaS or media company; high growth startup experience a plus
- Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data experience
- Proven ability to identify and lead growth enabling initiatives
- Understanding of and ability to articulate trends in churn, expansion, lifetime value, close rates etc.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- Program Management capabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with cross-functional teams to the benefit of GumGum
- High motivation for continuous improvement and ability to drive impact in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to independently identify problems, propose solutions and execute on those solutions
- Natural curiosity to ask questions and drive insights. Ability to think outside the box
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum