Director, Logistics at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The Director, Logistics, will have responsibility for leading the NCA Beverage business’ Logistics strategy and operations. The role will deliver a market-differentiating service and expereince to our customers at a managed and agreed level of cost to serve.
What will you be responsible for?
- Designs strategies and a supply chain for future effectiveness (customer experience and cost) in the spaces of warehousing, inventory and transportation. Provides leadership and guidance to teams to effectively capture identified opportunities.
- Leads the talent and development of people in the logistics space. Defines and develops the people strategy including standardizing roles, defining career paths, defining required skills and attributes, implementing training and development plans etc.
- Be well versed, with extensive experience in national supply chain and distribution issues, including market issues and headwinds that could affect a consumer packaging company.
- Tasked to upgrade the skill set, effectiveness, and efficiency within the department, through people development, process improvement and expansion of technology.
- Works closely with the Director of Supply Planning, Director of Customer Fulfilment, direct reports, and the Logistics Sourcing team to develop and implement long-term strategy for customer experience and supply chain improvement and deliver improved operating results.
- Leads supply chain cost to serve, developing strategies to optimize cost to serve with respect to agreed service levels by: leading the cost to serve collaboration efforts across all of the IBP sub-functions (planning, CF, graphics and logistics), commercial and operations; managing a team responsible for tracking and controlling end to end supply chain costs; working and aligning with corporate functions and CoEs such as the GPOs
- Involves collaboration with our customers, through identification of waste, working through the commercial team, and implementing opportunities for shared cost savings.
- Responsible for defining the strategic direction and ensuring the day to day achievement of the supply chain deliverables.
- Supports the leadership and change management required to develop and operate in our chosen regions ensuring the regional logistics function is a partner in the regional operations – making the matrix work.
- Has co-responsibility for national / local tender processes, vendor selection & management and development of future models of collaboration.
- Steers the team and 3rd party service provider toward load optimization and carrier strategy compliance via proper utilization of our TMS.
- Has experience with NAFTA, imports/exports, and working within Mexico for both domestic and export distribution – leads the trade compliance capability for NCA Beverage.
- Establishes budgets for the function and implements the necessary controls to keep expenditures within budgetary limitations and is responsible for execution of opportunity targets.
- Fosters a winning culture and process driven environment, to motivate a team to deliver success consistently.
- Requires travel to many plant and warehouse locations.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain/Logistics or related field and extensive experience in leadership positions in a manufacturing environment that has implemented and sustained Lean activities within Supply Chain preferred.
- 10-15 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in Operations and Supply Chain or in combination with consulting experience.
- Demonstrated organizational development and personnel management skills.
- Prefer knowledge and experience in consumer packaging industry, food or beverage distribution. Other industries with national, just in time delivery models will also be considered.
- Have extensive and detailed knowledge of US transportation, customs requirements and import / export within NAFTA countries.
- Experience in developing relationships and motivating teams.
- Experience in establishing and leading Supply Chain programs in conjunction with IT and business teams.
- Extensive project management experience being able to plan, control and implement global supply chain projects on time and within budget.
- Experience of working with an extensive SKU and customer base and an understanding of the complexity expected.
- Experience working across all levels of an organization.
- Experience driving performance through metrics and use data to drive continuous process improvement.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviours
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 132,500 - 205,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans