Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As the Head of Corporate Communications and PR, you will report and work directly with Verkada’s CEO and leadership team. Your team will build and execute on global strategies across corporate reputation, crisis communication, policy, public and media relations, internal and external communication, and product launches.
- In partnership with the marketing and leadership team, set the roadmap for Verkada’s global PR strategy and corporate communication.
- Foresee areas of crisis/risk and proactively execute on communication strategies to safeguard Verkada’s reputation across internal and external audiences (especially around industry specific topics: privacy, data, surveillance, etc.).
- Navigate intense communication needs with rapid response, sound split-tree decision making and a variety of end-to-end solutions knowing only one will be used.
- Prepare and pitch multiple response strategies, and build messaging for all possible outcomes / involved audiences.
- Earn media opportunities for company announcements, product launches, and executive highlights.
- Understand and evolve Verkada’s global reputation and value as we continue to capitalize on new and existing market opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience in communication and PR with relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in building and executing on corporate reputation and crisis communication strategies.
- Expertise in identifying PR risk factors as it pertains to surveillance, data, and privacy.
- Proven track record of managing external/internal communication strategies for high-growth startups in the public eye.
- Experienced navigating intense communication needs with high-profile individuals.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description