Senior Privacy Counsel at Liftoff+Vungle
At Liftoff+Vungle, we’re helping mobile businesses scale and succeed via our sophisticated technology that enables them to find their most engaged users. We are a trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Advertisers depend on us to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. We are one of the world’s largest independent, unbiased and privacy-friendly growth platforms that fuels the entire mobile app growth cycle across user acquisition, engagement, monetization, and analytics. Consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing companies and best places to work, we are a profitable company with strong product-market fit and tremendous growth opportunity. We have a creative, collaborative, and humble culture. We are data-driven, proactive, and have the courage to drive change.
The Senior Privacy Counsel will report to the General Counsel and must have strong leadership skills, be a thoughtful problem solver and a trusted business partner for the team. In this role, you will coordinate all activities related to data privacy and security, legal contracts associated with data privacy and security, including negotiation of new contracts, interpretation of and compliance with active contracts and implementation and oversight of the company's contract management system and security audits.
This position can be based out of Redwood City, San Francisco, or New York City and will be focused on data privacy and security contracts in EMEA, APAC and the United States.
- Establish and scale a global privacy program and redefine and update the company’s current privacy program and processes
- Assist in managing our compliance with global privacy laws and regulations
- Test, monitor and assess the company’s current privacy program and processes
- Experience working with external auditors and/or regulatory inquiries involving privacy or information security
- Develop and evolve a globally comprehensive privacy program, focused on assessing risks, designing and updating controls, monitoring and evidencing compliance, and evolving the program over time
- Work with teams across the organization to identify requirements, obligations and best practices, and translate them into executable technical and operational safeguards that can be implemented and tested
- Work on other global privacy initiatives in furtherance of the company’s legal obligations related to protecting personal data of clients, users, employees, non-employees and other third parties
- Provide privacy and data security subject-matter expertise and guidance to company including people ops, marketing, finance and sales, and engineering teams.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant privacy, data security, and consumer protection laws and regulations, industry approaches to privacy program management, and on privacy and security technological developments and evolving industry standards to provide an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice.
Qualities that can make you successful in this role:
- Law degree (or foreign equivalent) and current license to practice in home country, preferably with IAPP/other privacy certification
- 4+ years of experience practicing law with relevant privacy / data protection law experience with law firm, in house or in a Data Protection Authority advising on legal and/or privacy program design matters, including GDPR, COPPA, CCPA and other privacy matters oversight and management for internal/external clients
- In house experience in a multinational company, preferably in the tech space, preferred
- Experience with contracts
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills with both legal and financial/commercial/privacy issues
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated expertise in global data protection law and other relevant laws in the EU and, ideally the US
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Demonstrate organizational skills and a self-starter with strong work ethic, and an ability to prioritize and manage projects to completion with minimal direction
- Common sense and sound business judgment
Working at Liftoff+Vungle is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of the mobile app ecosystem. If this role sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
Liftoff+Vungle is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff+Vungle is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff+Vungle maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff+Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff+Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.