If you are looking for a high-impact, fast-moving role to take your work to the next level, we should have a conversation.
Moveworks is looking for an experienced Director, Associate General Counsel, reporting to the Head of Legal, to provide a wide range of legal support for a fast-growing, well-funded AI/machine learning company. You will be the second in-house attorney and will serve as the primary contact for the structuring and negotiation of customer, partner and vendor agreements. You will also work with the business administration team to support the Company’s general legal activities, including corporate transactions such as M&A, debt and equity financing; investments, employment matters and compliance. You are a creative problem solver who takes pride in personal excellence, with a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities that requires communication and collaboration with colleagues across multiple geographies and departments
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like Snowflake, Slack, DocuSign, LinkedIn, Instacart, Illumina, Epic Games, Hearst Media to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times called Moveworks one of the Best Workplaces of 2021.
Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to the go-to-market organizations to minimize legal risks while advancing business interests.
- Build out and support a data privacy compliance framework that scales with the company.
- Research, analyze, advise, train, and provide legal direction to internal stakeholders on legal, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Draft and update form agreements regarding products and services, and negotiate product, privacy and security related changes to customer contracts
- Leverage your experience to drive best practices for the legal function
What you bring to the table:
- A California Bar Membership
- 10+ years of in-house SaaS experience
- A proven understanding of global privacy and data protection law and trends
- Ability to internalize the business's priorities, think creatively, exercise judgment, and translate legal requirements into practical business advice
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.