Technical Intern - Manufacturing Engineer at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Technical Intern – Manufacturing Engineer
AMC Manufacturing interns develop knowledge and skills in manufacturing of hardware for Aerospace applications. They adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet special needs.
Our interns advance their problem-solving skills through addressing and providing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives. All interns have a high-level goal of increasing efficiency and reducing errors through the development of practical solutions across multiple work areas.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in manufacturing projects including work cell design, layout, optimization and resource utilization for high mix / low volume builds.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and / or refine modeling tools for projecting manufacturing resource needs.
- Learn and gain competence in using Ball manufacturing system tools and systems.
- Perform work under the supervision of senior engineers and Lean / 6-sigma consultants.
- Conclusion of internship requires the preparation and formal presentation of project work.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Course work in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree field such as Mechanical, Aerospace or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated leadership in team environments.
- Strong desire to learn and an excellent work ethic.
- Coursework in work cell design and modeling.
- Familiarization with Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Coursework and lab experience with basic manufacturing processes.
- Basic familiarity with MRP software.
- Strong competency in MS basic office skills. MS project and Visio experience a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.