Data Engineering Intern at Moveworks (Peninsula)
Data Engineering Intern:
We are looking for a data engineering intern to join the data science & engineering team at Moveworks for the summer. As a data engineering intern, you will be a member of a team applying data and software engineering techniques to develop data infrastructure, data science tools, and data processing pipelines for analytics use cases. This is an exciting opportunity to work and learn from the data engineering team at Moveworks.
Who We Are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Twitter, Snowflake, Instacart, Coca Cola, and Hearst to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why Built In named Moveworks the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area.
What You Will Do:
- Work with cross-functional teams and understand how software is developed and maintained at scale
- Build scalable data pipelines (using Spark, Airflow and Presto) to move data from different applications into our data warehouse
- Monitor and improve automated solutions to ensure quality and performance SLAs are met
Who You Are:
- Entering the senior year of your bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a master’s degree
- Pursuing a degree in data science, mathematics, engineering (or similar technical field)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Programming knowledge in Python
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and SQL
- Experience with or knowledge of Github
- You are curious and bring genuine excitement to learn new subject areas and are comfortable to be scrappy as and when needed