Sr. Manager, Strategic Finance at Verkada Inc
| Verkada HQ | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:15 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, April 30, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a member of our Strategic Finance and BizOps team, you will play a critical role in driving the strategy, insights, and financial modeling that enable the company to scale.
Strategic Finance and BizOps are the “olympic decathaletes” (exceptional across disciplines) who partner with the CFO and senior leadership to set and measure drivers for the business, engage investors and the board, solve diverse bizops problems, and implement operational projects at scale. The team is small (only 4 people today) and we seek incredibly talented generalists who can engage at the most senior levels while still sweating the details.
A few responsibilities new joiners may tackle include:
- Functional partnership: Be a strategic partner for specific departments or cross-functionally to help solve complex bizops problems. This could be anything from solving sourcing and refurbishment problems in Taiwan to setting up a sales recruiting machine in Tampa
- Fundraising: Engage debt and equity investors to support capital raising. As a hardware and software maker, we have many layers to this problem
- Strategy and Financial planning: Help drive our financial planning processes and adapt the financial forecast model for the growing complexity of the business
- Board and exec communication: Own all hands and board communications about our plans and results
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Excellent modeling skills: you have strong modeling intuition, and a good understanding of how to bring a modeling framework to complicated problems. Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts is a plus.
- Cross-functional communication: you’ll need to connect and partner with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement our financial strategy and processes. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
- 4-8+ years of professional experience, ideally in investment banking, consulting, private equity, venture capital, or a high-growth startup.
- High academic achievement from a leading university.
- (Optional) top-tier MBA.
Perks and Benefits
- Strong cash and RSU package
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly gym/wellness allowance
- Monthly commuter allowance
- Lunch and dinners provided daily in the office
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description