Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking an R&D Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A). In this highly visible position, you'll oversee the operational plan of the Atlassian R&D organization and play a meaningful role in influencing both the company and product & platform strategy. You will partner directly with the highest levels of R&D leadership and drive value with a particular focus on leading the company’s annual planning and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes.
More about you
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, look to tackle challenging problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways to do things better. You'll thrive if you are highly organized, driven, a self-starter, analytical and have a strong attention to detail.
This role will report to the R&D Operations Manager and will primarily support the R&D function - All Teams. In the R&D Operation Team, you will play a key role in the budgeting/forecasting process, business performance reporting, monthly close process, purchase requisitions reviews, headcount change management, operational improvements, and ad-hoc support on strategic projects. Besides working with the R&D organization and the FP&A team, you will also work closely with the broader finance team including Accounting, Procurement and People Operations.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Oversee all of Atlassian’s R&D operations (All Teams) including budgeting and financial forecasting process
- Partner with the R&D organization to develop forecasts and ensure spending in accordance with budgets, while building deep business partner relationships across the organization to drive cost savings and efficiency improvements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting – analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, and communicating business insights to R&D All Teams leadership team
- Lead the month-end close efforts for R&D All Teams including reviewing accruals and presenting monthly variance analysis
- Assess and reflect current quarter performance through the monthly outlook process and work closely with Corporate FP&A to provide commentary for senior leadership
- Proactively highlight opportunities for process improvements
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and headcount changes, while working closely with business partners to solve for any inconsistencies
- Provide ad-hoc guidance to business partners with questions on accounting treatment and budgeting/forecasting process
- Perform ad-hoc analyses on strategic projects
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Ability to prioritize objectives in a fast-paced environment to ensure key deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Demonstrate attention to detail and follow-through
- Team player who can also self-initiate
- Possess a strong work ethic with a “get-it-done” attitude
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Strong communication and personal skills, with the ability to be personable but also persistent
- Efficient with managing tasks that require collaboration with stakeholders in different time zones
- Comfort with challenging leaders to drive return on investment and operational improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- Minimum 4 years of Finance or Accounting work experience including planning and budgeting processes, financial forecasting, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and Keynote presentation development
- Strong technical fundamentals such as spreadsheets (e.g., Google Sheets, MS Excel) and exposure to planning tools (Anaplan) and data/finance systems (Netsuite)
- It's great, but not required if you have:
- Exposure to procurement platform (Coupa), workforce planning (e.g., Workday), and BI tools/dashboards (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience in Technology or Software / SaaS industry
- Experience working with R&D/Operation function
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with a unique mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational openness. We work closely with leaders across all areas of the business to support Atlassian's continued growth. You'll join an outstanding team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.