Senior Finance Manager - Estimating & Pricing* at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Manager - Estimating & Pricing (National Defense)
This person will manage and direct the activities of a group of employees performing Estimating & Pricing Operations (EPO) functions. The role must show mastery of the EPO function with responsibility for leading proposal preparation with adherence to the Ball Estimating System Description (ESD) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). This person will support the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) with estimating and pricing strategy discussions and analytical analysis, and proposal/cost volume preparation as required. This person will also help to foster innovative cost and pricing strategies within Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. procedures and policies.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare current, accurate and complete quality cost proposals (new business and change proposals) in compliance with the Ball Estimating System Description, Federal Acquisition Regulations, specific FAR supplements, and RFP requirements. Ensure proposals do not result in audit findings of a defective pricing action.
- Prepare ROMs in accordance with Ball and SBU policy. Prepare accurate cost data for ROM reviews with SBU management.
- Flow down EPO goals to direct reports, complete performance review and job requirements documentation for direct reports on an annual basis, provide training, guidance and compliance standards to estimating staff.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure personal growth and management visibility.
- Provide thorough guidance to direct reports, proposal teams, Advanced Systems staff and Strategic Business Unit management in support of Cost Estimating and Pricing policy (contained in the ESD and FAR), guidance memorandums, practices, applications and tools.
- Complete Estimating, Pricing & Analysis, Post Proposal Support work as needed, for example RFP and SOW deliverables, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), labor and rate analyses, labor and non-labor estimate analyses, basis of estimates (BOEs), strategic pricing support, schedule & resource analyses, risk & opportunity analyses, profitability analyses, Life Cycle Cost and Joint Confidence Level analyses, proposal audit file maintenance, fact finding support, negotiation support, internal & external audit support, and pricing standard and process reviews.
- Support Data Collection, Metrics & Modeling activities, including historical data collection, analyses, DCAA/DCMA audit requirements application, implementation of best practices and influence in the development of overall objectives, strategies and long-range goals of the program/organization.
- Support strategic pricing activities and competitive assessments for new opportunities (Black Hat reviews).
- Collaborate with the enterprise cost analysis and historical data team on developing and utilizing parametric models and other cost estimating methods and capabilities.
- Manage and review Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs) development, analysis, validation, application and maintenance.
- Oversee lessons learned documentation, assessment & implementation of corrective action/improvements.
- Pricing knowledge to include: Estimating System Description, Generic Cost Volumes, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS, Truth In Negotiations Act, Learning Curve application, Cumulative Distribution Function (S-Curve), Parametric Estimating, Monte Carlo Analysis, EVA Analysis, and other cost analysis techniques.
- Support Industry/Government cost estimating groups participation and implementation of best practices.
- Oversee DCAA/DCMA audits.
- Conduct presentations for internal management on items related to Ball cost estimating & pricing policies, processes, tools, compliance and industry/government activities
- Be responsive to customer needs and concerns. Build solid relationships with internal and external customers. Lead or participate in group discussions at internal or external meetings related to cost estimating and pricing efforts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Understanding of typical project requirements and processes.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience working strategic cost proposals (i.e. financing), volume development, and management.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in cost estimating model development (Excel-based), application, and maintenance.
- Strong communication, Client facing experience and/or consultative experience working across multiple groups and boundaries.
- Strong strategic and data analytical skills, including metrics, cost estimates, profitability, and risk.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $121,500 - $167,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.