Billing Contract Financial Analyst I at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
As a Billing-Contract Financial Analyst I, you will ensure all contractually sold and implemented products and services are properly invoiced to clients in a timely and accurate manner. This a quality control, coordinating, routing and reporting notification function that pertains to all FIS billing systems.
• These duties and responsibilities represent the functions in the Billing and Partner Payment groups.• Captures, documents and tracks all product and services sold using existing billing systems and tracking databases.• Monitors transactions through implementation and reviews for accurate and consistent billing month over month.• Reviews and enters contract information into billing system.• Ensures all monthly billing data is loaded and accounted for in the billing system.• Monitors and notifies billing specialist when contract/services are implemented, amended and/or renewed.• Communicates with and provides reporting to business units and Finance.• Ensures integrity of data flowing into billing systems is accurate and complete.• Assists with system balancing process and prepares process documentation.• Works with implementations team to ensure timely billing as services are added or implemented.• Automates production files.• Attends project meetings and work with various levels of business and IT staff.• Participates in user acceptance testing.• Validates rate changes in the billing system and through the first two monthly invoice cycles.• Initiates system review requests when billing system requires IT investigation.• Participates in internal/external audit testing.• Identifies, develops and implements process improvements within existing billing platforms and processes.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.• Ability to read and interpret contracts.• Basic knowledge of the business.• Understands basic accounting concepts and contract language.• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.• Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to financials and billing systems/processes.• Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.• Ability to multi-task and adjust schedules to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.