Audit Senior II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
- Lead or support audit teams during financial, operational, regulatory, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audit projects from beginning to end of the audit assignment. This includes assisting the project manager with planning, scoping, and execution of audit.
- Assess engagement level risks and evaluate and validate key controls.
- Develop audit work programs and document workpapers and other audit materials that meet all relevant professional practice and FIS Internal Audit methodology requirements.
- Observe, understand and document business processes in detailed narratives and/or process flows, including identification of risks and key controls.
- Perform and document walkthroughs surrounding the test of design for controls tested within financial, operational, regulatory, and SOX audit projects.
- Conduct initial review of staff auditor workpapers to ensure consistency with audit methodology and quality standards.
- Formulate logical and supportable conclusions.
- Identify and communicate audit observations encountered and offer recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Prepare well-written and meaningful reports summarizing audit results.
- Proactively manage audit finding tracking and documentation of status updates obtained via management action owners, and timely execution of remediation testing.
- Lead or support special investigations and other projects in addition to traditional audit projects, where requested.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills which allow for an effective and efficient work environment.
- Develop and foster professional relationships within the audit team and across the business.
- Establish trust and credibility with key stakeholders.
- Lead, teach, and mentor audit staff not only on assigned audit projects but also through their career progression.
- Contribute to a high-performance environment.
- Determine and drive personal professional development plan.
- Support the maintenance and development of Internal Audit annual risk assessments and audit plan development.
What you bring:
- Earned a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, technology, or other related discipline.
- Hold one or more professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE) (Senior I, Senior II and Supervisor), or the desire and determination to pursue such (Senior I only)
- Minimum of three years of experience, preferably in a Fortune 500 or professional services firm:
- Ability and willingness to travel (~20%, depending on location).
Added bonus if you have:
- Although financial services and or technology industry experience is highly desired, other industry experience will be considered as appropriate. Experience in highly regulated environments is a plus.
- Professional services experience acquired from a Big 4 environment or highly regarded consulting
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset and business knowledge
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.