Staff Android Engineer at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:22 p.m. (CST) on Friday, February 10, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Work hard, check. Play hard, double check. Engineering life at Verkada is the quintessential Silicon Valley experience. A company with explosive growth fueled by a top notch engineering team who's just getting started marking their mark on the world. Be a critical part of this growth story in the mobile engineering team and help shape software that's at the heart of the user experience. You'll get the chance to work with like-minded engineers who will support you and push you to achieve your best as well as give you a run for your money on game night and have a drink with you on one of the many offsite trips!
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast-paced environment for both existing and new mobile applications.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to elaborate, design, and implement new features.
- Work in iterative sprints to design, develop and test solutions.
- Build automation and tests to streamline development.
- Continually improve your craft as a software engineer by learning and leveraging the latest design patterns, principles and technology.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Passionate about great technologies
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field (Master's degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working end to end in mobile app development - planning/designing through implementation and deployment
- Experience building enterprise level and client facing mobile applications
- In-depth understanding of Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Experience working with backend server APIs
- Strong UI development skills
- Strong unit testing skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description